Nintendo Announces Wii Line-Up For THE WORLD

Posted by Jon Wahlgren

North America, Europe and Japan get tentative release schedules

In case you were wondering about a release window for Metroid: Other M or any other Nintendo-published title, lo and behold, we have a list. Read with your eyes (or voice software) and mark your calendar with your hand (or voice software).

Hey look, Japan is getting a Kirby game.

North America

Metroid: Other M (Working title) — TBA
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Working title) — TBA

[via kotaku.com]

From the web

JayArr

JayArr said:

Sweet......except most the games I want are TBA or a generic 2010. At least S&P 2 is coming up soon.

edhe

edhe said:

They're more likely to stick to these schedules than the WiiWare one.

DazzaAdmin

Dazza said:

Now if only we could get a schedule for downloadable games!

Knux

Knux said:

So Japan is getting a Kirby game. I hope it comes to America by next year.

MetalMario

MetalMario said:

KIRBY!....Didn't see that at first.

....and AMERICA is getting NSMBWii BEFORE JAPAN?

Xkhaoz

Xkhaoz said:

Hoshi no Kirby? WHAT THE CRAP?!?!?!!?!?!!!!!?!!!!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?~!?!?!!??!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!?!?!?!?

odd69

odd69 said:

What!!!!! Nintendo better release that Kirby game in the USA or i will throw a Fit and rant until my face pops off. I need a Kirby 2d game on the wii.I'm tired of getting them on the ds

pixelman

pixelman said:

lol @ the Kirby hype. Only ones for me I see so far are NSMBW, SMG2, and MOM.

Noire

Noire said:

Meh, I already knew all of these, and the one I'm really pining for still hasn't been given a solid release date. It's not coming 'til 2011, is it? Maybe I should read the title or something. Then I wouldn't have to get so worked up.

S&P2, SMG2, and M:OM, all in 2010. It's gonna be a sweet year, that's for sure.

bbb7002004

bbb7002004 said:

I want Cosmic Walker for NA release.

I'm also sad there is no date for Golden Sun DS. Guess we will be seeing that in 2011 then.

Kokstra

Kokstra said:

Relax guys, Kirby Wii has been on the release list for years now and it'll probably stay right there a while longer.

ToadFan

ToadFan said:

Yay ! I love all the games ! @ Kokstra and chettahman91 I know ! Kirby has been on for ever . But if it is really come out 2009 ,why is it not on japans website there is like only two more months in 2009 .

TKOWL

TKOWL said:

its titled "Kirby of the Stars", hinting it may be anime-connected

Odnetnin

Odnetnin said:

@pixelman Ditto. But just now realizing that Metroid: Other M, turns into MOM when abbreviated, I am decidely less excited for it.
And no Zelda on that list...surprise, surprise.

KDR_11k

KDR_11k said:

So Dynamic Slash is still listed and they're still saying it's coming in 2009 but there's still no information about it beyond the tiny trailer from a year ago...

Well, at least it's not canceled.

V8_Ninja

V8_Ninja said:

New Kirby Announcement: V8 Ninja cannot express his love for the fact that this is happening.

Span Smasher: What's that? anybody now about this game/series?

Monado: BotW: thought I heard about this one. It's an RPG, right?

Cipher

Cipher said:

Japan has been getting a new Kirby game since 2006. It's always the same one too, Hoshi no Kirby or "Kirby of the Stars," which is always supposed to come out "this year" in Japan.

Sneaker13

Sneaker13 said:

All for me, who's gonna give a bag of money?

• New Super Mario Bros. Wii
  • Sin and Punishment 2
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2
  • Metroid: Other M
AVahne

AVahne said:

JAPAN IS GETTING KIRBY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!!? WHY HAVEN'T WE GOTTEN ANY NEW INFO ON IT!?!?!?

AVahne

AVahne said:

and the Wii is having a ultra great list late this year and next year, s when will we get Kirby?

said:

Nothing new. That Kibry game has been on that list since last year.

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

Endless Ocean 2 worldwide? This one I will check out. Cosmic Walker Japan-only? I cannot believe that would be true; I also don't believe it's coming this year since I don't see it on any pre-order lists...oh wait tentative release schedules kids, so let's hold off on the boycotts and breath-holding, okay?

Ren

Ren said:

how is a year a release date? all seems pretty vague except the one or two at the top.

Token_Girl

Token_Girl said:

I'm thinking Other M will be a summer release, and Galaxy 2 will be an X-mas release.

Yosher

Yosher said:

Dang Europe's list is short. Only 2 2009 titles too, and 4 generic 2010's.. oh well. New Super Mario Bros. Wii will keep me busy enough.

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

No new information whatsoever...STILL nothing about NPC Pikmin 2 in NA (no, I will NOT stop complaining about that!), or Trace Memory 2 for that matter. Dammit, NoA...you suck.

Objection

Objection said:

I am indeed starting to wonder if that Kirby will ever come out. We really need one, since we haven't had a real 3D Kirby since 2000.

M00se

M00se said:

1up.com says the kirby game is coming out in 2009 in japan. the sites said this for months! but all these games r awesome! WOOT!

letsplay

letsplay said:

New Super Mario Bros. Wii – On my Christmas list
Sin and Punishment 2 — WOW A wild shooting fest.
Metroid: Other M — On my list
Super Mario Galaxy 2 — Yes. On my list.
Span Smasher — Pictures look interesting.
Monado: Beginning of The World — hack and slash with HUGE swords

Starwolf_UK

Starwolf_UK said:

@valleyoftheunos. I agree. Not only is it a cut of paste of the one 3 months ago (not even changing the dates so nonsensically Kirby is still due in 2009*) but people get sensational and wacky when game x isn't on the list boo hoo.

End of the day these lists are to show the stockholders that Nintendo is releasing games in the future and nothing more.

*-Though it is likely this list is Financial Year 2009/2010 which means it has Until April...

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

I hope span smasher (which uses wiimotionplus) gets released over here.

Kirby Wii has been scheduled for release every year since the wiis release I think?! Don't hold your breath.

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

@Starwolf_UK: That's easy for YOU to say, Mr. I-can-go-buy-either-of-the-games-Stuffgamer1-mentioned-any-time-I-want-to-because-I'm-in-Europe. I have just as much right to complain that you guys are getting awesome games I want that we aren't as you used to have doing the same in reverse before NoE and NoA swapped qualtiy.

Viper6391

Viper6391 said:

A new Kirby game? Well, that's the first I have ever heard of it. All the others I know about except for Span Smasher and Monado: Beginning of the World. Can anyone fill me in on those games? Really looking forward to Metroid, Super Mario Bros, and Sin and Punishment!

Token_Girl

Token_Girl said:

@Stuffy

Yeah, I want Pikmin 2 as well. I played Pikmin for the first time when the NPC came out, and I love it. We'll probably see it when one of the bigger titles is delayed, or it's not a big enough shopping season to release a bigger title, but they need to release something to keep there from being too large a gap between games.

Raylax

Raylax said:

Europe:
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Working title) — 2010
Metroid: Other M (Working title) — 2010
New Super Mario Bros. Wii — Nov. 20, 2009

Japan:
Metroid: Other M (Working title) — TBA
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Working title) — TBA
New Super Mario Bros. Wii — Dec. 3, 2009

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE. Did Japan annoy Nintendo recently or something? "Wii sales are down YOU MUST BE PUNISHED."

Kevin

Kevin said:

So what's going on with New Play Control! Pikmin 2? Japan and Europe have had it for months!

Feld0

Feld0 said:

So...the Kirby game that was rumoured, and sort-of announced more than two years ago finally gets a confirmation? Cool, but I'm really hoping to get my grubby little hands on Super Mario galaxy 2 ASAP! Must find something to do in the meantime...
replays Super Mario Galaxy AGAIN
pre-orders New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Argh! The wait! The agonizing wait!
heads to Virtual Console