Nintendo Announces Wii Line-Up For THE WORLD

Posted by Jon Wahlgren

North America, Europe and Japan get tentative release schedules

In case you were wondering about a release window for Metroid: Other M or any other Nintendo-published title, lo and behold, we have a list. Read with your eyes (or voice software) and mark your calendar with your hand (or voice software).

Hey look, Japan is getting a Kirby game.

North America

Monado: Beginning of The World (Working title) — TBA
Metroid: Other M (Working title) — TBA
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Working title) — TBA

[via kotaku.com]

JayArr

JayArr said:

Sweet......except most the games I want are TBA or a generic 2010. At least S&P 2 is coming up soon.

edhe

edhe said:

They're more likely to stick to these schedules than the WiiWare one.

DazzaAdmin

Dazza said:

Now if only we could get a schedule for downloadable games! :-p

Knux

Knux said:

So Japan is getting a Kirby game. I hope it comes to America by next year. :)

MetalMario

MetalMario said:

KIRBY!....Didn't see that at first.

....and AMERICA is getting NSMBWii BEFORE JAPAN?

Xkhaoz

Xkhaoz said:

Hoshi no Kirby? WHAT THE CRAP?!?!?!!?!?!!!!!?!!!!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?~!?!?!!??!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!?!?!?!?

odd69

odd69 said:

What!!!!! Nintendo better release that Kirby game in the USA or i will throw a Fit and rant until my face pops off. I need a Kirby 2d game on the wii.I'm tired of getting them on the ds

pixelman

pixelman said:

lol @ the Kirby hype. :D Only ones for me I see so far are NSMBW, SMG2, and MOM.

Noire

Noire said:

Meh, I already knew all of these, and the one I'm really pining for still hasn't been given a solid release date. It's not coming 'til 2011, is it? Maybe I should read the title or something. Then I wouldn't have to get so worked up.

S&P2, SMG2, and M:OM, all in 2010. It's gonna be a sweet year, that's for sure.

bbb7002004

bbb7002004 said:

I want Cosmic Walker for NA release.

I'm also sad there is no date for Golden Sun DS. Guess we will be seeing that in 2011 then.

Kokstra

Kokstra said:

Relax guys, Kirby Wii has been on the release list for years now and it'll probably stay right there a while longer.

ToadFan

ToadFan said:

Yay ! I love all the games ! @ Kokstra and chettahman91 I know ! Kirby has been on for ever . But if it is really come out 2009 ,why is it not on japans website there is like only two more months in 2009 .

TKOWL

TKOWL said:

its titled "Kirby of the Stars", hinting it may be anime-connected

Odnetnin

Odnetnin said:

@pixelman Ditto. But just now realizing that Metroid: Other M, turns into MOM when abbreviated, I am decidely less excited for it.
And no Zelda on that list...surprise, surprise.

KDR_11k

KDR_11k said:

So Dynamic Slash is still listed and they're still saying it's coming in 2009 but there's still no information about it beyond the tiny trailer from a year ago...

Well, at least it's not canceled.

V8_Ninja

V8_Ninja said:

New Kirby Announcement: V8 Ninja cannot express his love for the fact that this is happening.

Span Smasher: What's that? anybody now about this game/series?

Monado: BotW: thought I heard about this one. It's an RPG, right?

Cipher

Cipher said:

Japan has been getting a new Kirby game since 2006. :P It's always the same one too, Hoshi no Kirby or "Kirby of the Stars," which is always supposed to come out "this year" in Japan.

Sneaker13

Sneaker13 said:

All for me, who's gonna give a bag of money?

• New Super Mario Bros. Wii
  • Sin and Punishment 2
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2
  • Metroid: Other M
AVahne

AVahne said:

JAPAN IS GETTING KIRBY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!!? WHY HAVEN'T WE GOTTEN ANY NEW INFO ON IT!?!?!?

AVahne

AVahne said:

and the Wii is having a ultra great list late this year and next year, s when will we get Kirby?

said:

Nothing new. That Kibry game has been on that list since last year.

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

Endless Ocean 2 worldwide? This one I will check out. Cosmic Walker Japan-only? I cannot believe that would be true; I also don't believe it's coming this year since I don't see it on any pre-order lists...oh wait tentative release schedules kids, so let's hold off on the boycotts and breath-holding, okay?

Ren

Ren said:

how is a year a release date? all seems pretty vague except the one or two at the top.

Token_Girl

Token_Girl said:

I'm thinking Other M will be a summer release, and Galaxy 2 will be an X-mas release.

Yosher

Yosher said:

Dang Europe's list is short. Only 2 2009 titles too, and 4 generic 2010's.. oh well. New Super Mario Bros. Wii will keep me busy enough.

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

No new information whatsoever...STILL nothing about NPC Pikmin 2 in NA (no, I will NOT stop complaining about that!), or Trace Memory 2 for that matter. Dammit, NoA...you suck.

Objection

Objection said:

I am indeed starting to wonder if that Kirby will ever come out. We really need one, since we haven't had a real 3D Kirby since 2000.

M00se

M00se said:

1up.com says the kirby game is coming out in 2009 in japan. the sites said this for months! but all these games r awesome! WOOT!

letsplay

letsplay said:

New Super Mario Bros. Wii – On my Christmas list
Sin and Punishment 2 — WOW A wild shooting fest.
Metroid: Other M — On my list
Super Mario Galaxy 2 — Yes. On my list.
Span Smasher — Pictures look interesting.
Monado: Beginning of The World — hack and slash with HUGE swords

Starwolf_UK

Starwolf_UK said:

@valleyoftheunos. I agree. Not only is it a cut of paste of the one 3 months ago (not even changing the dates so nonsensically Kirby is still due in 2009*) but people get sensational and wacky when game x isn't on the list boo hoo.

End of the day these lists are to show the stockholders that Nintendo is releasing games in the future and nothing more.

*-Though it is likely this list is Financial Year 2009/2010 which means it has Until April...

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

I hope span smasher (which uses wiimotionplus) gets released over here.

Kirby Wii has been scheduled for release every year since the wiis release I think?! Don't hold your breath.

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

@Starwolf_UK: That's easy for YOU to say, Mr. I-can-go-buy-either-of-the-games-Stuffgamer1-mentioned-any-time-I-want-to-because-I'm-in-Europe. I have just as much right to complain that you guys are getting awesome games I want that we aren't as you used to have doing the same in reverse before NoE and NoA swapped qualtiy.

Viper6391

Viper6391 said:

A new Kirby game? Well, that's the first I have ever heard of it. All the others I know about except for Span Smasher and Monado: Beginning of the World. Can anyone fill me in on those games? Really looking forward to Metroid, Super Mario Bros, and Sin and Punishment!

Token_Girl

Token_Girl said:

@Stuffy

Yeah, I want Pikmin 2 as well. I played Pikmin for the first time when the NPC came out, and I love it. We'll probably see it when one of the bigger titles is delayed, or it's not a big enough shopping season to release a bigger title, but they need to release something to keep there from being too large a gap between games.

RaylaxStaff

Raylax said:

Europe:
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Working title) — 2010
Metroid: Other M (Working title) — 2010
New Super Mario Bros. Wii — Nov. 20, 2009

Japan:
Metroid: Other M (Working title) — TBA
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Working title) — TBA
New Super Mario Bros. Wii — Dec. 3, 2009

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE. Did Japan annoy Nintendo recently or something? "Wii sales are down YOU MUST BE PUNISHED."

Kevin

Kevin said:

So what's going on with New Play Control! Pikmin 2? Japan and Europe have had it for months!

Feld0

Feld0 said:

So...the Kirby game that was rumoured, and sort-of announced more than two years ago finally gets a confirmation? Cool, but I'm really hoping to get my grubby little hands on Super Mario galaxy 2 ASAP! Must find something to do in the meantime...
replays Super Mario Galaxy AGAIN
pre-orders New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Argh! The wait! The agonizing wait!
heads to Virtual Console