More Castlevania: The Adventure Rebirth Screenshots

Posted by Corbie Dillard

More gorgeous shots of the upcoming WiiWare release in action.

Well it's not much, but we were able to get our hands on three additional screenshots of the upcoming WiiWare release Castlevania: The Adventure Rebirth in action.

As you can see in the screenshots below, the game looks absolutely amazing and should prove to be a great addition to the ever-increasing Rebirth series from Konami.

As usual, we'll have more information on Castlevania: The Adventure Rebirth as it becomes available, along with a full review when the game hits the WiiWare service.

Aviator

Aviator said:

Wow. Looks real good. Maybe this will be my calling into the Castlevania universe.

Link79

Link79 said:

Majora

Majora said:

I wish this Rebirth was with the NES second or third part. But the addition is welcome.

i8cookie

i8cookie said:

I hope music is good in this one. The music in Castlevania 4 on the snes is the greatest music ever composed ever.

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

I wish this Rebirth was with the NES second or third part.

So you want a large sprawling game squashed down to Contra Rebirth length levels?

timp29

timp29 said:

I'm going to have to express a little bit of disappointment with the graphics. But we all know its about the gameplay :p

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

Yes, I see what you mean about the graphics. They're close but not quite as detailed as the recent Castlevania games on the DS and maybe Symphony of the Night as well. Certainly better than the GBA games though of course.

aaronsullivan

aaronsullivan said:

You'll never get SOTN graphics on WiiWare because of the tiny storage we have on the WIi. The SNES style throwback is a good compromise I think.
Now, if we could only get Nintendo to redo Metroid 2 in a similar way. :)

ganondwarf16

ganondwarf16 said:

i've never played any castlevania games before rebirth looks like it may be the one I'll try then I might try a contra game as well

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

easily the worst Castlevania ever made.....

Well it was one of the very first.

Egg_miester

Egg_miester said:

the game looks very beautiful done and the best wiiware game coming out
true the gb game was bad but that maybe why konami and iga decided to remake it with updated gameplay and graphics, tomorrow the video on nintendo week i can't wait i still hope it will be out tomorrow but my hopes are not high

Objection

Objection said:

Hope this Castlevania lives up to expecatations, I could dig a nice WW version for all my vampire and beast-slaying needs.

Roebuck

Roebuck said:

@Link79 "Ah Castlevania. Has there ever been a more awesome series? The music, The gothic style and Dracula the Lord of darkness as the main antagonist. I just love these games! Can't wait!" You and me both buddy.

Mike1

Mike1 said:

I hope it comes out on Monday. Perfect timing with Halloween around the corner, although I thought that with Castlevania 3 last year and we didn't get it until January.

CharlieRod

CharlieRod said:

By the way, anyone who hasn't played any of the Castlevania games and is starting with this one, buy the 4th one for SNES for a fun time before hand. That one was my favorite:) Thats the only reason why I play Castlevania.

Brionkendo

Brionkendo said:

this makes me once again wish I had a Wii... Dsiware just isn't doing it for me yet...

SwerdMurd

SwerdMurd said:

@Bass and other graphic nay-sayers :) - I'd say I half-agree. The reason I'm excited is that it seems like they're finally redoing some of the enemy sprites that have been the exact same, more-or-less, since Dracula X came out. Bone Pillars look different as do basic bone-throwing skeletons. That alone makes me happy, regardless of comparison between systems. Plus, as we all know, judgment/judgement can't be made until we see it in motion! I thought Contra Rebirth looked awful until I saw it in play.

ShadowFlame76

ShadowFlame76 said:

hmmm, it's looking like another Metroidvania installment.. Kinda just wanted the basic linear classic style myself.

timp29

timp29 said:

I still reckon this will come up short compared to Super Castlevania IV :P

For those talking up this being their first castlevania experience, just download the SNES game. Its brilliant and will save you 200 wii points.

laskecap

laskecap said:

i hope there will be twinbee rebirth next...and also gunsmoke rebirth and cabal rebirth and........ all nes games rebirth version hahahaha

Djungelurban

Djungelurban said:

Almost looks so good that I kinda forget that I'm not really a fan of the action-styled Castlevania games...

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

Anyone who has yet to try a Castlevania game should do themselves a favor and download Super Castlevania IV first. Its a true masterpiece of 16-bit gaming with a unforgettable soundtrack. As good as I think Rebirth will be I don't think it can ever reach the level of Super Castlevania, but you never know.

darklinkinfinite

darklinkinfinite said:

I was kind of bummed that it didn't come out today. They're going to miss Halloween if they release it next week. Not that Halloween is of any real importance, but the theme kind of makes sense.

JRAPOCALYPSE

JRAPOCALYPSE said:

I like the retro graphical look and hopefully the gameplay will be solid! This will complete my castlevania collection when i download the japanese release tomorrow.I have all the castlevania games including the sharp x68000 version which was remade as chronicles on psx which was as dissapointing as the console it was on.

jkgatling

jkgatling said:

sure it may not look has good as the new DS games... but its frekkin Castlevania!!!

Man_with_a_hat

Man_with_a_hat said:

39. jkgatling 26 Oct 2009, 18:41 GMT

im with this guy. So Metal gear REbirth?