Konami Announces Tomena Sanner For North America

Posted by Jon Wahlgren

Dancing onto WiiWare next year

Konami is just full of download announcements today, this time with one for North America.

Previously released in Japan, Tomena Sanner is bringing its odd dance party to us other NTSC gamers early next year. The game has players take on the role of businessman Hitoshi Susumu who is behind schedule and won't stop running until he gets to his ULTIMATE DANCE PARTY. As you can imagine, he's in quite the hurry.

We went hands-on with the Japanese release of the game a little while ago, so be sure to check out our impressions. Below, why, below is the full press release and a trailer! Imagine that!

El Segundo, Calif. - Oct. 29, 2009 - Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. today announced Tomena Sanner, an upcoming downloadable game for Nintendo WiiWare™. Based on the popular title released in Japan, Tomena Sanner challenges players to run through wacky obstacles in order to reach the finish line and take part in the ultimate dance party.

"Tomena Sanner stands apart from other downloadable titles because of its zany nature and very humorous take on casual gaming," said David Daniels, Director of Marketing at Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. "In bringing Tomena Sanner to a North American audience, we wanted to ensure that the game stayed true to its origins while also providing the essential 'party game' experience to consumers."

In Tomena Sanner, players take on the role of businessman Hitoshi Susumu who is behind schedule and won't stop running until he gets to his ultimate dance party. Dashing past samurais, T-Rexes, cowboys, and all manner of esoteric obstacles using just one button, gamers of all ages and skill level will be able to play the game in order to help Mr. Susumu get to his goal. A high speed side-scrolling action title, Tomena Sanner also features a unique timing based control system that players can utilize as they jump, dance and fly over hurdles that come their way. As players glide across the screen they can read the comical notes that flash along the in-game ticker, adding a new level of fun and humor to their experience.

Players will be able to lead Hitoshi in his quest across nine different levels including the Moon, jungle, a city and more. As an added bonus, multiplayer madness with up to four players can ensure that Hitoshi does not miss the party, and online rankings can be updated with high scores. With an Endless Level Mode that keeps players going for the ultimate high score, and a Turbo Mode that tests skill level, players will have many opportunities to explore the bizarre and comical world of Tomena Sanner.

Tomena Sanner will be available for Nintendo WiiWare™ in Q1 2010.

Direct link

Noire

Noire said:

Yay! I've wanted this game for a while, and to see it get a solid release conformation is awesomesauce.

Yay!

Adam

Adam said:

What the heck did I just watch in that trailer? And why do I want it?

DazzaAdmin

Dazza said:

This looks insane, it's a day one purchase from me - along with Muscle March of course. WiiWare keeps delivering the surprises eh?

Cheezy

Cheezy said:

Agreed with JustaGerm, I'd never see this leaving Japan, but I guess it did...but I still think this looks kinda cool.

KnucklesSonic8

KnucklesSonic8 said:

Knew this was coming months ago and I thought we were getting it THIS year. Oh well. At least it's still coming. Can't wait!!!

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

I don't think I want this. I did not like the gameplay footage. I'm happy with Konami's current Wii Ware games and I'm looking forward to Castlevania and Frogger

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

This game is tha bestest! A sequel with just the end dance bits would also be excellent.

Ren

Ren said:

wow, this looks amazing. even 4 player local! awesome. way fun.

Twilight_Crow

Twilight_Crow said:

I third what Adam said.
Also "providing the essential 'party game' experience to consumers" they just lost me in there :(.

odd69

odd69 said:

Day one thank you very much. "I'm going to ride rhino's with my bad self"

wanderlustwarrior

wanderlustwarrior said:

I am sooooo getting this.

I think "everybody gather round" would be the new "laaaaaa lala la lalalala la katamari damacy" if nintendo actually gave publicity to its online service.

DarkEdi

DarkEdi said:

i don´t know why Konami said is casual. It looks fun and challenging. Not shovelware.

4 players action! Wow.

RaylaxStaff

Raylax said:

The game looks good. Graphics are unnecessarily weak though. I know that graphics don't really count for much, but with a big corp like Konami making a little Wiiware game, surely it wouldn't kill them to make it look prettier than this. For eg, the coins just disappear upon collection, there's no transitional faze (like a sparkle or something). They've been able to do that since the Atari, it's just looks a bit lazy. Which in turn makes me question whether the game as a whole will be much cop after 10 minutes.