Christmas in November? Club Nintendo Prepares to Ship Rewards

Posted by Philip J Reed

Your Mario hat - or permission to punch Doc Louis in the face - is on its way!

Good news has made its way to the inbox of many in the NA region who qualified for Elite Status this past year: Club Nintendo is getting ready to drop its bagful of goodies.

If all goes well, Christmas might come a little early for those fortunate gamers who earned enough coins for a Mario hat or a copy of Doc Louis's Punch-Out!!

If you selected a prize but did not receive an email from Club Nintendo, it might be worth wading through your spam filter. For those interested, the entire email is reproduced below:

Hello [you old such-and-such],

We wanted to let you know that we are preparing to begin shipping
the 2009 Elite Status Rewards!

We had thousands of loyal Nintendo fans reach Elite Status last June
and it is going to take us a couple of weeks to ship all the orders.

So, even though your friends or neighbors may receive their Reward
before you do, please be assured that your order is being processed too!

You will receive another email when your reward order ships.

Thank you for your interest and excitement and we hope you enjoy your
Club Nintendo Elite Status Reward.

Sincerely,
Nintendo of America Inc.
Consumer Service Department

Have you been lucky enough to receive such an email? If not, don't despair - there's still time!

BulbasaurusRex

BulbasaurusRex said:

I got my e-mail. I guess it won't be too much longer until I get my year's supply of Nintendo calendars.

Philip_J_ReedStaff

Philip_J_Reed said:

@D_Johnson and anyone else who hasn't gotten their letter:

Check your spam filters; that's where mine was. But if you don't end up getting a letter by the close of this week, I'd contact Club Nintendo as soon as possible. If there's some kind of oversight, you'll want them to correct it now, while there's still time to get you in the queue!

postmanX3

postmanX3 said:

@ RadioShadow:

I can't wait for you to TASTE TO COLD SHAME OF BEING A PIRATE SHUNNED BY THE UPSTANDING MEMBERS OF THE GAMING COMMUNITY. BURN IN THY FORSAKEN DISGRACE, PIRATE.

Anyway, I got the e-mail I'm hoping the Doc Louis download is up by next Monday, or so. I can't wait!

Objection

Objection said:

Got my email. Hopefully, it won't take too long for my digital download to arrive in the mail. :P

Philip_J_ReedStaff

Philip_J_Reed said:

"Hmm I hope to see a review here on NL. Unless all the elite members chose the Mario hat."

I couldn't pass up more Punch-Out!! I'd be more than happy to write up my feelings on it, but if I know Dazza, he's got me lined up to review Sexy Poker II: Sexy Pokier instead.

postmanX3

postmanX3 said:

@ Toad Fan 101:

No, you had to be registered and have platinum status by sometime in July to qualify for this year's prizes.

UNC5052

UNC5052 said:

I got letter email but not one that said it has shipped. I can't wait for my Mario Hat. It would be cool if we could get the calendar with it too.