The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks dated

Posted by Brad Long

Just in time to fill your stocking!

Pull out your Christmas wish-lists everybody! The latest game in the Legend of Zelda series has been dated by Nintendo of America through their holiday line-up announcement for a December 7 release. There's no word as of yet when it will be out in European/Australasian territories.

Though we don’t know a lot about the game, we know it involves a steam train similar to the steamboat in Phantom Hourglass; you can now control a Phantom; and the game is set approximately 100 years after Phantom Hourglass.

The wait isn’t long now. We will endeavour to give more updates as the game approaches release!

[via kotaku.com.au]

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

Wow! Review copies of New Super Mario Bros. Wii and now this. It's going to be a very Merry Christmas indeed. :)

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

Wasn't too big on Phantom Hourglass. Too many design flaws. Still, I remain cautiously optimistic of this title as Zelda used to be my favorite game series.

odd69

odd69 said:

Too bad I'm getting final fantasy the crystal bears the day after Christmas. This will be the rare case in which i don't buy the next Zelda.

tripunktoj

tripunktoj said:

On my Birthday!!!, and seriously is there even a better day than this one in the entire year, I mean everybody loves December (Snow, gifts, vacations) plus lucky seven.

I am glad I was born that day!

RedYoshi999

RedYoshi999 said:

Hopefully everyone will have it before xmas! Also isn't this game rumored for a Dec 4th release in Europe coz it would be exactly on time with the NA release?

odd69

odd69 said:

@Alejandro_Talavera
i know how you feel man. The Wii hit shelves on Novemeber 19 which is in fact my birthday. It was the most special birthday i have ever had.No kidding. That's probally the number one reason why the Wii will always have a place in my heart. Can you guess what game i bought? Thats right a Zelda game=)I own almost all the zelda titles and makes me cringe that i won't own this title until later on.

Bensei

Bensei said:

Who claimed it plays AFTER Phantom Horuglass? I always hear it, but I never ehard an official statement. I thought it's just fan speculation by fans because of the Phantom and othe similiarities to PH. The Phantom could also be Bellamu and the story shows us how he turned into what he is in PH

MayhemStaff

Mayhem said:

So the fabled 7th Dec date comes true... hopefully should arrive here in time for Xmas :)

Objection

Objection said:

I rather enjoyed Phantom Hourglass so chances are that I'll be getting this one too.

maka

maka said:

Weird. The GAME shops in Spain are advertising this as a Oct 1 release...

abe8812

abe8812 said:

Darn it. I still haven't played Phantom Hourglass and there are other games I want to buy this Christmas like New Super Mario Bros. Wii. I have a lot of catching up to do.

Digiki

Digiki said:

Well that box-art ain't particularily flattering...

I'm expecting this to be another few steps away from the path of greatness.

ATRUEZELDAFAN

ATRUEZELDAFAN said:

@ Digiki:
I too think the boxart could be a lot better. However i dont think the game will be any worse than Phantom hourglass, im hoping its better; cuz PH wasn't all that great.

Chunky_Droid

Chunky_Droid said:

@cryptonic: You can blame the lateness on my time zone, I posted this news at approx 10pm your time on the 15th. So it was up first thing in the morning on the 16th.

Once again I find myself apologising for being a little late :)

Geo1AR

Geo1AR said:

if it's based approx 100 yrs after the ph, howcom link is still a kid?