Super Monkey Ball Step & Roll TGS Trailer and Info

Posted by Jamie Giggs

Ei-Ei-Poo!

Sega has announced at Tokyo Games Show that the next instalment in the Super Monkey Ball franchise will hit the Wii in February 2010, and also provided us with a few more details about the game itself.

We already know the monkeys will be controlled via the Balance Board, although the game will still support the Remote and Nunchuk controls. Sega also revealed that the story mode will be playable cooperatively, which is a nice addition. Also, the series' popular four-player competitive modes will return, surprising absolutely nobody but still bringing a smile to the faces of gamers everywhere.

You'll see in the trailer that monkeys have lots of fun in various minigames like Skydiving, Skipping and the old classic Monkey Race.

Hopefully the story mode will have the monkeys once again chanting Ei-Ei-Poo, or something similarly wonderful.

[via officialnintendomagazine.co.uk]

Reala

Reala said:

Liked 1 & 2 on GC, not so keen on what has followed, hope this one isn't as bad as Blitz, I know some liked that game but I thought it was pretty awful, I'm skeptical about this game, hope I'm proven the wrong though.

Machu

Machu said:

I love Monkey balls, nearly as much as danish pastries. I didn't enjoy the Wii one as much as I did the GC versions, but the balance-board support could make this one perfect. Bit concerned to see weird mini-games when all I want is lots and lots of levels. Saying that, I hope monkey-flight is in there, I love that. :D

bro2dragons

bro2dragons said:

love me some monkeys in balls. gonna hit this up... might be the thing that keeps me from selling my balance board.

IAmNotWill

IAmNotWill said:

I hope this turns out good. Besides Project Needlemouse, this is the only sega game I'm looking forward to.

warioswoods

warioswoods said:

I need to practice on Wii Fit a good bit more first. I still find using balance for direction mighty tricky (in the ski game, the marble game, etc).

Metang

Metang said:

The Monkey Ball series really fizzled off after the GC games. Own all the GC versions, love them to death. Blitz was mediocre...
@pixelman: If you like a fun little arcade game, with a bunch of nice minigames to boot, you'll love the Monkey Ball games. (Well the GC ones anyway. I'm really not surprised that it's not what it used to be; after all, it's a SEGA franchise. They've lost their touch since soon after the death of Dreamcast. :()
But, like with Project Needlemouse, I'm hoping this turns out great. :D

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Hang on, nunchucks? That's interesting That's like in the GC games. In the actual M.Ball game proper of Blitz Wii you could only use the remote.