Rage of the Gladiator Ixthid Trailer

Posted by Corbie Dillard

Check out the evil beholder in action.

Ghostfire Games has just released another brand new trailer of their upcoming WiiWare release Rage of the Gladiator in action. In this video you'll be introduced to another enemy in the game named Ixthid and this tentacled bad boy looks nasty!

You can check out the video below along with a snippet of information that accompanied it.

Ixthid's origins are not fully known, although it was summoned to this world by a god, most likely. What we do know is that this Beholder was captured from an underground dwelling and separated from its family. It is clearly unhappy with being in captivity and will do whatever it takes to escape. Ixthid does not have a tongue and so he communicates telepathically.

Ixthid uses his lasers to attack, and does this in many different ways. Sometimes you have to jump them, sometimes dodge, and sometimes block. The move where Ixthid says “Eternal Darkness”, can only be countered, not avoided. To counter it, you must strike him at just the right time, and the move will be cancelled.

Finally, at the end of the video you see a finisher move called Crystalline Prison. Crystalline prison is a mystical combo that summons a magical shard of glass to imprison your enemy. After imprisoning your enemy, you can smash that shard with your hammer and do great damage to your enemy.

We'll have more information on Rage of the Gladiator as it becomes available, as well as a full review when the game hits the WiiWare service.

[via youtube.com]

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

I like this monster. The attacks are really cool. This game just keeps looking better and better. :)

accc

accc said:

I hate to be a grammar nazi, but the trailer should say "has awakened from its slumber" (not "it's"). It makes the company look bad when they distribute a trailer with such an obvious grammatical error.

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

That Crystalline Prison move reminds me a lot of the Phantom Zone glass portal in the movie Superman 2. Anyway, this game is looking better and better the more I see of it and I cannot wait for it to come out! Also the music sounds excellent! I hope we get this really soon!

BulbasaurusRex

BulbasaurusRex said:

Hmm, "summoned to this world by a god" sounds like the ancient Roman explanation of space alien visitors. Ixthid's name, appearance, and laser attacks also support this theory.

Jockolantern

Jockolantern said:

It's Gladiatorial Fantasy Punch-Out!! I, too, am liking the looks of this game the more I see of it.

timp29

timp29 said:

I'm of two minds about this one. While I think it is a fresh and novel concept and a breath of fresh air for the wiiware service, I'm a little worried about the players attacks. They just feel disconnected. Maybe they're a little too fast or something. That may just be me, but swinging a massive hammer like that seems unrealistic. Then again you're fighting minotaurs and flying eyes with teeth, so that shouldn't matter :p