Okamiden TGS Trailer Turns The Cute Factor Up to Eleven

Posted by Damien McFerran

We love Chibiterasu!

Okamiden - the sequel to the criminally under-appreciated Okami - is shaping up to be one of our most eagerly-awaiting DS titles.

We don't know why, but there's something about playing as an adorable four-legged animal that appeals to our softer side.

Just when you thought things couldn't get any cuter, Capcom has released an all-new trailer at the TGS that will make your heart melt and your brain turn to candy floss.

Feast your eyes:

Warioware

Warioware said:

Loved the original so I have high hopes for this one. And it looks excellent for a DS title. Hope they can pull it off without Clover behind it.....

James

James said:

What an amazing looking game for a DS title. It'd be nice to think it would live up to the series' standards, so fingers crossed eh?

Rensch

Rensch said:

I haven't played PS2/Wii one but I should on of these days. This looks gorgeous BTW.

HipsterDashie

HipsterDashie said:

This looks like a top notch title. Despite not playing the original, I think I'll keep my eye on this one.

Golgo

Golgo said:

Tha looks astonishing for a DS game! Will get. Loved the original!

RevolverLink

RevolverLink said:

I can't wait for this game; the first Okami is my favorite game from 2006 and this one looks like it's coming along quite nicely as well.

I do feel a slight pang of sadness for my wallet, though. The constant stream of great DS software makes it hard to keep full.

Objection

Objection said:

I'm a big fan of the original and it looks like they're doing amazing things on the DS here. Looks like 2010 will be a good one.

ATRUEZELDAFAN

ATRUEZELDAFAN said:

"If you don't find this little guy to be the cutest, you're dead inside"
I am indeed dead inside, and it was long before i didn't find that little guy the cutest.

Bassman_Q

Bassman_Q said:

...WOW! The game's fully rendered in 3D??? Nice! Looks amazing, graphics-wise! I haven't played the original, but I'll probably buy this when it comes.

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

Aahhh! Ma brain is zombie dessert! :P

Seriously, though: A touch screen for magic paintbrush controls...what an amazing concept! Should certainly work better than the Wii controls. I should really play my PS2 copy of the first game one of these days...

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Now this just keeps looking better and better!:D I can't wait till it comes out! Until then, I'll occupy myself with some more of the original Okami.:hums Okami theme: