New Red Steel 2 Trailer

Posted by Jamie Giggs

Introducing Payne, your new best friend

Red Steel 2 is looking more and more exciting with every piece of new media. You'll be pleased to hear then that this latest piece doesn't disappoint. The trailer showcases the first boss of the game, and who doesn't like bosses? [Depends if you're talking about the day job! - Editor] If you remember during one of the previous trailers the protagonist of the game is dragged through the desert, it turns out it was Payne who dragged you, yeah don't mess with him.

Red Steel 2 got delayed until 2010; however, if the trailer is anything to go by, it's going to be worth the wait. Are you excited?

[via gametrailers.com]

Chrono_Cross

Chrono_Cross said:

I seen this a couple days ago on IGN, and Payne looks like a total badass.

@irken
They delayed it so they could patch up some things they wouldn`t be able to get to in time and for better sales since releasing the game during Christmas time would be dumb.

Objection

Objection said:

The delay is a little disappointing but games are always better for it. I think that this will be worth the wait, although I still wish that it had multiplayer.

Reala

Reala said:

One of the main reasons I'm looking so forward to this is the fact it has absolutely no multi player element at all, there are more than enough in fact too many FPS that concentrate too much on multi player and online, to get a FPS with all the effort put into the single player is a rare treat other than Metroid Prime I can't think of any other recent examples.

-TR

-TR said:

Nice stuff there. He does look like a nice fella. Wish he was real so I could get to know him.

Smoke39

Smoke39 said:

I love you, Blaze. Every time I see someone go "baww, no multiplayer not buyin' it" I want to smack them. D:

Strofan7

Strofan7 said:

This really doesn't seem like my type of game, it does look like everything is going to be well done! And I am curious about the motion plus though...

orlick

orlick said:

Ubisoft has to hit one out of the park, cause I still have a bad taste in my mouth from Red Steel - a game that shamed the wii by making FPS control like crpa on wii. Compare it to MPT or Water Warfar or Onslaught in the control department.

Plus the story was horrible and sword fighting was right out of a mediocre SNES era game.

So color me skeptical - I will not ride hype wagons for inconsitent previous efforts. Guilty unitl proven innocent.

Kawaiipikachu

Kawaiipikachu said:

@Orlick
going thru the media coverage of the game including people who played had a sample play of this that had previesly played the orignal it all appears that Ubisoft are correcting all the mistakes from the orignal to make this new game a much better game with vastly improved controls so in all apperacne this looks to be a graet game .

Roopa132

Roopa132 said:

He kinda reminds me of Kratos from God of War...
I hope this game will be good because Red Steel 1 was interesting but the controls sucked so I hope now with Wiimotion + it's better. Now I just need to get Wiimotion + :P

JimLad

JimLad said:

@Blaze "there are more than enough in fact too many FPS that concentrate too much on multi player and online"?

I'll give you the online focus, but local multiplayer is anything but overemphasized. I'll still be getting this game because it sounds awesome with motion plus, but I have to say I was disappointed to learn this wont have a 4 player mode. Especially since the first was one of the few games these days that did.