Monsters of Dragon Quest Wars

Posted by Corbie Dillard

Check out the monsters you'll be using in battle.

The good folks at Square-Enix were kind enough to send over some information on the monsters that will be used during battle in their upcoming DSiWare strategy title Dragon Quest Wars.

You can check out the monster list below to find out what each one has to offer up in battle from an offensive and defensive standpoint.

While there's been no official release date announced yet, it's rumored that the game will hit sometime next week. We'll keep you posted. :)

Untitled

We'll have more information on Dragon Quest Wars as it becomes available, as well as a full review of the game when it hits the DSiWare service. Until then you can check out the official gameplay trailer below for a taste of what you can expect.

[via youtube.com]

Digiki

Digiki said:

Okay.

More variety would be nice, although I don't really care as I'll not get it, and it's not a real DQ game.

Hardy83

Hardy83 said:

They are really pushing this game.
I have a feeling it's coming out in NA and EU very soon.

shinkukage09

shinkukage09 said:

Another? Squenix needs to step up quality first, not quantity. Same goes for Final Fantasy...

Mendoza

Mendoza said:

@ Link977: It's already confirmed that it'll cost ya only 500 points.
Can't wait but I hope they release more monsters :)

ReZon

ReZon said:

Looking forward to this. 500 points + WiFi battles = download.

@brandonbwii:

"Up to four teams will be able to battle it out in the same arena using the Wireless function. Players will also be able to enjoy battles with anyone across the world using the Wi-Fi option, and the game’s rating points system means gamers of all skill levels will be able to enjoy a competitive and challenging game."

vakama94

vakama94 said:

mmm, i guess it will really come this week since they are releasing this info

Bassman_Q

Bassman_Q said:

Looks like Fire Emblem with DQ(not Dairy Queen btw) characters. Looks fun enough. If its 500 points, this is an instant buy for me!

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

Great job on this article Corbie! You really went all out with the monster list; it looks really good! I am pretty excited about this game but unfortunately I still do not have a DSi at the present time. I definitely plan on getting this game later on though.:)

Bankai

Bankai said:

Throw my hat in with the "it looks awesome group"

@ the whingers:

1) "It is not a REAL DQ game" - Mario RPG is not a REAL Mario game, Final Fantasy Tactics is not a REAL Final Fantasy game etc etc. Spin off games can and often are very good - it's really... not smart... to ignore a game on that basis.

2) "There's not enough variety" - Good. Might mean you have to use your head to play. Chess only has 6 different pieces - is it boring? Backgammon has even less - 1 each - is it boring? This game is quite obviously a tactically-heavy board game, so you don't need a huge range of pieces.

But it's easy to whine about a game before you've actually seen any of it, isn't it?

Nintendude92

Nintendude92 said:

Well said Waltz..

Its a strategy game, and I'm a big fan of that genre. And if intelligent systems is behind it, home of advance wars (best for metagame period) I'm not going to underestimate it.

RurouniTeeter

RurouniTeeter said:

@1. Digiki
Dude, why complain then? Grow up. It's $5 for a reason... It has variety in it... And besides, it is a REAL Dragon Quest game if it has the title in it and monsters and music and the same creators of it... That's just dumb to say... It's like calling Super Paper Mario not a REAL Paper Mario, it's still Paper Mario, just different gameplay.

I find this game to be well worth $5, plus online play, that's pretty nice. I know some people just freak out about that stuff, but to me, its just a very nice added feature.