Meet the 'Real' Professor Layton

Posted by Jamie Giggs

Answer his riddles and you shall receive his gifts

Ever wanted to meet a real-life Professor Layton and have a chat?

Well, now you can — so long as you live in America that is.

Nintendo are sending out the good old Professor (or at least someone dressed as him) to cities across the country and if you can discover where he is, you'll be asked to solve a puzzle. Solve it correctly and you just might bag yourself a copy of his new game, Professor Layton and Pandora's Box.

Nintendo will also have a site up and running giving out hints of where to find the Professor. Good show!

Here's the schedule:

• Wed., Sept. 23: Minneapolis
  • Fri., Sept. 25: Miami
  • Tues., Sept. 29: Boston
  • Wed., Sept 30: Seattle

Also, if you haven't done so already, check out Nintendo Life's review of Layton's latest.

Happy hunting!

[via gonintendo.com]

pixelman

pixelman said:

That is totally awesome. I won't be able to participate, but that's really cool.

JoeDiddley

JoeDiddley said:

That sounds like so much fun.
Don't know if something like that could be done in Europe?

said:

About time us Americans has a chance to win something. Too bad I don't live near to participate.

Firkraag

Firkraag said:

@Ezekiel what are you talking about, the majority of contests all around the internet, access to beta and so on are exclusively for USA/Canada. Anyways, this sounds cool!

Philip_J_ReedStaff

Philip_J_Reed said:

He'll be near me on Friday! But is it worth driving to Miami to see him?

I figure I have about a 3% chance of actually finding him, and a 0% chance of solving his riddle, so...no. I guess not.

said:

@Firkraag theres not much of any contests for Usa than Uk announced on Nintendo life. I know why so don't reply why Uk has more contests. Im exited for us thats all. Anyhow.. awesome!

AVahne

AVahne said:

awesome but i ive nowhere near those places
when will Houston get something?

JayArr

JayArr said:

I wonder if he'll have an annoying boy walking around with him. I'm sure he will just be at one the malls in those cities.

Objection

Objection said:

As usual, nowhere near me. At least I can be comforted by the fact that they wisely didn't have a real-life Luke.

Pastry

Pastry said:

I live fairly close to Seattle, but WHY does it have to be on a school day?

WaLzgiStaff

WaLzgi said:

I live in Mississippi and no contests have ever been done here, at least none of the bigger ones.

JimLad

JimLad said:

I want to sit on his lap and say "You're not Professor Layton! THIS HAT COMES RIGHT OFF!"
crowd gasps