Here Are Those 3 New DSi Colours You Wanted

Posted by Damien McFerran

Nintendo gives European gamers a splash of colour with new DSi models

From October 23rd lucky European DSi fans will be able to get their grubby hands on not one but THREE new shades of their favourite console.

Perfectly complimenting the current black and white editions, the new DSi colours are Metallic Blue, Light Blue and Red.

What's more, the new units will come pre-packed with the unique Facebook application and the superb Flipnote Studio. If you need reminding why Flipnote is the best thing since sliced bread then check out Corbie's review.

As if this wasn't enough, you'll also score 1000 free DSi points when you connect to the DSi shop using the wireless connection.

[via wiids.co.uk]

JayArr

JayArr said:

Wait. That gawd awful light blue hasn't been available in EU since the get go like the US?

Noire

Noire said:

What!? Is that a red DSi I see? Red? And only in Europe for the time being? Why, Nintendo, why? Why do you have to taunt me... :'(

Terra

Terra said:

Damm it all, I would have bought the Metallic Blue one if I didn't have a Black one. Oh well

Can't say I like the others though. Not nearly as good

Tails

Tails said:

the red looks cool but i still got my Light Blue and its awesomesauce but still awesome colors.

motang

motang said:

That's good that Nintendo is installing Flipnote Studio and the latest firmware that fb photo uploaded by default.

Chunky_Droid

Chunky_Droid said:

Australia just got a purplish/pink and another colour that escapes me right now.

The only thing I hate about new colours, is that if one comes out that you want, you can't carry over your downloads. And if there IS a way, it'd probably be incredibly hard and frustrating

ballistikboy

ballistikboy said:

Red and Blue!! I want!! Jealous.. We just got pink and white.. BORING... I have a black dsi myself and I couldn't be happier, but if I were to buy mine now I'd get dark blue or red ;-)

RurouniTeeter

RurouniTeeter said:

The red one is very nice. I got the cyan one myself and I'm happy with it cause its more of a unique color. Although red is my favorite color....Hmm... Oh well. I don't live in Europe, no biggie.

kam

kam said:

no fair why do europe people get 3 new colors and we got stuck with lame pink and white i want a nice drak red color

gameking23

gameking23 said:

I wish that NA would have gotten the red one. Oh well guess we might see it next DSi update.

irken004

irken004 said:

That metallic blue color would match my armor and cassette deck so well! But I'm not European. And I have a black DSi. :)

chadthegamer

chadthegamer said:

Curse me for buying a black DSi when it came out!!! :(
I'd kill for the dark blue DSi, it's my favorite color :D

minial100

minial100 said:

Ummm... Until my freaking 300$ total DSi dies, I AM NOT buying a new DSi. As much as I like the red and dark blue, I'll keep my 100$ in downloads thanks.

grenworthshero

grenworthshero said:

you spelled "color" wrong ;)
Anyway, I think those colors are hideous. If I had any money, I'd have a black DSi

mjc0961

mjc0961 said:

Enjoy the awful light blue color. Wish we had white at launch instead of that nasty thing. Ah well, black is nice too.

Token_Girl

Token_Girl said:

Wish you could transfer downloads and get a pink one. I like my black one though. I really want to know how they figure out what colors will do better in different regions and when to release new colors. All the randomness, it just doesn't make sense. Why can't we who love our DS's and bought one early have some choice too?

KoKoO_Psy

KoKoO_Psy said:

FINALLY RED! I am At 90% won over factor.
Now if only this small issue of DSI exclusives being region locked hadn't arisen.

SeniorDingDong

SeniorDingDong said:

Sometime I hope my silver DS L "dies" so I "have to" buy a new DSi - in this case the dark blue one ^^

jhuhn

jhuhn said:

Makes you wonder if Nintendo of America will have the red and metallic blue colors coming out in this region.

Those in the US that want these colors, send out a message to Cammie Dunaway about it. She's the VP of sales and marketing at their company.

HipsterDashie

HipsterDashie said:

I've noticed some people out there in the WWW saying that Nintendo should release a PokeDex app for DSiWare. Then if you had the red DSi... :D

Pj1

Pj1 said:

Yeah I like the new colours but until Nintendo announces a VC service for DSi I won't be getting one. Oh Well.....