Frobot Tutorial Video and Demos Released

Posted by Corbie Dillard

See and experience Fugazo's upcoming WiiWare title for yourself.

Fugazo have just sent over the official press release for their upcoming WiiWare title Frobot, along with a tutorial demo and links to PC and Mac demos of the game. If you've been wanting to see more of what the game has to offer, you'd be hard-pressed to find more information or insight than you will here.

You can check out the Frobot Tutorial Demo video below for a little insight into how the game is played and if you're wanting a little more of a hands-on experience, you can download the Frobot - Mac Demo or the Frobot - PC Demo below.

Imagine if Wii Tanks and the Legend of Zelda had a baby. That baby’s name would be Frobot. Get ready to get down with Frobot on WiiWare, PC, and Mac in Q1 2010.

Story Mode

Play as Frobot and rescue your 6 robot girlfriends who have been mysteriously captured! Fight robots with a wide assortment of weapons such as ricocheting energy blasts, missiles, and mines. Solve physics puzzles using cranes, switches, teleporters, and boxes to rescue your girlfriends from certain doom! The Story Mode features 25 Levels spread across multiple environments such as Frobot’s Disco and the Microshaft Lab.

Special Powers

Each one of Frobot’s girlfriend imbues him with a special power in the battle against evil. You must rescue them all in order to restore your powers and destroy the mysterious enemy who has captured them!

Dynomine

A remote mine that can be used to destroy enemies and obstacles.

Robo Hustle

A short speed boost useful for evading enemy attacks.

Stud Missile

Destroys most enemies and obstacles. Enemies can blow up them up with energy blasts.

Heartstopper

A shield that deflects all energy blasts. Useful for attacking, defending, and activating generators.

Jive Stalker

The disco ball is controlled by the mouse cursor or Wii pointer. Useful for attacking enemies and activating generators.

Battle Mode

Up to 4 people can play in this breakdown battle royale! Choose from an assortment of weapons such as energy blasts, missiles, and mines. Then pick from over 10 stages with different obstacles such as destructible walls, moving platforms, and teleporters!

You can also check out the Mac and PC demos below for a taste of what you can expect from the game.

Frobot - Mac Demo

Frobot - PC Demo

We'll have more information on Frobot as it becomes available, as well as a full review of the game when it hits the WiiWare service.

[via youtube.com]

sirgrim

sirgrim said:

The first few videos I seen of this game looked uninspired and pretty boring. It's polished up pretty nicely and I like the humor. I might give this one a try now. That tutorial looks fun.

Haze4peace

Haze4peace said:

Looks much better than it did in the last few videos. I'm glad they changed that horrid music =]

Philip_J_ReedStaff

Philip_J_Reed said:

I'm skipping the demos for now, but I'm pretty excited to see how the final game turns out. I've had my eye on this one since it was announced. I hope it turns out as well as I think it will.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

I actually enjoyed the demo. Very cool gameplay and a lot of variety. The 70's groovy theme is cool too. I'm thinking the Wii controls will make it even more intuitive.

bro2dragons

bro2dragons said:

this is the first i've even heard of this.. but it's now a must-download. i'll be interested in this as you guys get more info.

Klapaucius

Klapaucius said:

Nice to see something from Wii Play being expanded on. Nintendo comes up with all these ideas for how the Wiimote could be used, but then hardly any developers take those ideas and run with them. I'll try out the PC demo. Looks interesting.

Odnetnin

Odnetnin said:

"Imagine if Wii Tanks and the Legend of Zelda had a baby."
No, thanks.
I'll download the demo and see what I think of it. I DO love Wii Tanks (not to mention the LoZ! :D).

Chungii_V

Chungii_V said:

Downloading demo now hope my crusty old PC will run it... otherwise it'll be a wait and see...

Chungii_V

Chungii_V said:

As I thought the demo is confirmation that my PC sucks and I'll be getting it when it comes out on Wii.

Omega

Omega said:

What are the system requirements for the PC demo? Is a Notebook with Windows XP SP3, Pentium IV 2,66GHz, 512MB and integrated ATI Radeon IGP 345M enough?

Edit: Apparently not. The program doesn't seem to like the graphics card. I have graphic glitches in the third room. Too bad. At least the uninstaller works perfectly fine. Phew!

Andrew_Lum

Andrew_Lum said:

Hey Guys,
Thanks for all the positive feedback! Omega, can you send your dxdiag.txt info to us? Your computer should be able to run Frobot, we're still early in our PC compatibility testing so I hope we can get it running on your computer. Our email address is listed on our website http://www.frobot-game.com