WiiWare Mecho Wars To Feature Online Multiplayer Mode?

Posted by Corbie Dillard

It will if the game's creator has anything to do with it.

Our good friend Luc Bernard has just sent over word that he's trying to get an online multiplayer mode added in to the upcoming WiiWare version of Mecho Wars. Of course this good news comes with a catch. The game might end up being delayed a bit in order to implement this feature.

He also mentioned that the WiiWare version will feature a fully-remixed soundtrack that will even include a few of Sean Beeson's Eternity's Child tunes. And for anyone that hasn't checked out Sean Beeson's musical compositions, you don't know what you're missing.

We'll keep you up-to-date on the WiiWare version of Mecho Wars and we'll have a full review when the game hits the WiiWare service. Here's hoping it's sooner rather than later. If you've got an iPhone or iPod Touch, you can download Mecho Wars and see for yourself what the fuss is about.

RJay

RJay said:

Having an online option is always better. It's difficult to gather people to come to my place to play games, and I don't want to play the CPU all the time.

vakama94

vakama94 said:

i doesnt matter if it has to be delayed, if it can have multiplayer, then i will wait until its released, so please, add the multiplayer

Ravage

Ravage said:

Sweet, this really makes me want it now, but I wouldn't be able to play it for the next few months even if it did come out in a week or so. I'm good with it being delayed.

y2josh

y2josh said:

I may get this on my iphone soon. Has anyone heard any news about Eternity's Child?

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

We're trying to find out about Eternity's Child now. Supposedly, the contract runs out in August and if it's not released by then, it reverts back to Luc Bernard. I'll let you know as soon as I can find out what's up with it.

Chunky_Droid

Chunky_Droid said:

I don't have an iPhone, I hate those friggen' things!

Does this game play a lot like Advance Wars? The screens seem to be similar

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

Delayed as to never be released just like Alten8's Eternity's Child, leaving poor Luc to cry and drown his sorrows. I don't want to be mean but I feel that if these indies can't man up and run with the big dogs, they should stay on the porch.

JonWahlgrenAdmin

JonWahlgren said:

Well, there's not a whole lot of August left now. I'm interested to see what has become of that project after it was supposed to get "fixed" for WiiWare.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

@panda

Junkyard, or where ever digital games go. Maybe it's with Luc's beer collection.

On topic, this looks like fun. It's just hard to support a game based on what I heard about the destructoid review. Dude needs to grow a pair.

IAmNotWill

IAmNotWill said:

Geez brandonwii, pretty harsh there.
I'll probaly get it for wiiware. Too many games coming out for dsi, and Im running low on space.

Adam

Adam said:

I'd prefer have the game sooner without online, but then again I am insane.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

Just sayin'. Bernard seems cool and there seems to be A LOT of ideas in his head. It's just that you should know what your getting into. This is a bloodthirsty industry and when someone bites, you bite back. You don't cry about it. Games are not art, they're a business. Unlike art you often need to rely on your partners and not smell your own crap and think it doesn't stink. There is likely a reason ppl don't like your game and drinking and weeping isn't going to help your game get any better.

And if you really like to think of yourself as one of those artsy fartsy type guys, think of some of the best like Kojima or Miyamoto. Somehow I doubt Miyamoto cried when he read the 1st reviews of Wii Music.

Hardy83

Hardy83 said:

No. Please, delay it if you're going to add online for DSiWare. That would be amazing.

DSiWare needs more online games.

Kirk

Kirk said:

I'm trying to see in what ways this game differs from Advance Wars

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

Knowing Luc Bernard it's more "hardcore" 'cause "casual" games suck lol! That's probably the difference. What I want to know is if a dsiware version is still in the cards. What about that Imagination game. If he makes the holocaust stuff more subtle while focusing on fun dramatic gameplay, it could still work. What can I say, I was into the idea, as long as it wasn't too overwrought (like having a bunny cyborg prostitute).

Oh and Luc, of course the drama is over now as there has yet to be a bad review of Mecho Wars to my knowledge. It hasn't reached Wiiware yet so the quality and reaction is still in the air. I wish you the best though, just keep a cool head this time.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

I know, he's only human. I wish him luck on future projects even. It's not just Luc. The problem I have happens a lot. Steel Penny Games and Bob of Bob's Game did the same thing at one point. They felt their stuff was the best and it bit them in the butt later. As said, they're only human, I just expect a certain amount of professionalism from game designers, indie included. In the words of Ninja Gaiden's Itagaki, "the weakest dog barks loudest".

MattL

MattL said:

Another one to keep an eye. Damn, just too many games to watch these days. WiiWare deserves a good strategy game, let's hope this is it :)

Alien_Jesus

Alien_Jesus said:

who gives a damn? Luc bernards only game was an absolute abomination that everyone hated. He spends more time causing trouble even though he's a complete nobody than he does putting any effort into his boring, samey, glitchy and unispired games. I wonder where he got the idea for this game (not).

Thomas_Joseph

Thomas_Joseph said:

Sounds like an interesting game, and I definitely loves my strategy games. Multiplayer is icing on the cake. Depending upon the reviews, this could wind up pretty high on my "to buy" list.

Adam

Adam said:

You're dealing with a vocal minority here, I believe. It only takes one look at a screen shot here to realize we have something awesome to look forward to, and the iPhone reviews confirm this. I for one can't wait.

MattL

MattL said:

I agree with Adam, let the haters hate whilst we enjoy the fruits of creativity. Sooner this hits the virtual shelves the better. My collection is in desperate need of a tactical war game.

longtimegamer

longtimegamer said:

@LucBernard- Yeah, not everyone is being hateful here. I can hardly wait to try this. I want to play one of your games. Though I agree that online would be awsome and give us more reason to come back to it. I'm really happy that this game is doing well for you.:)
By the way...I think you're handling these hecklers well. Good job. Don't let them get to you. :)

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

Luc's got class and this game looks to have it as well. I can live without the online, but if it doesn't cause much pain, by all means!

odd69

odd69 said:

I'm going to pass on this one but if only that Eternity's child would release i would buy it...only if someone on this forum knew more information on this ......

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

I'm not hating, the game seems cool. I'm offering advice as well as mentioning what some devs do that I don't like. I really do want Imagination to resurface. Obviously you guys can't tell the difference between critisism and full on hate. It's also good the iphone version is critically acclaimed.

@Luc

I WILL say the same thing in 5 years if history repeats itself down the line, heh.

strade

strade said:

Mecho Tales looks great too. Hope it comes to wiiware. I would also love an RPG from you Luc.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

An RPG would be nice. Just with far less (snicker) cyborg bunny prostitute. Sorry couldn't resist. :D

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

@Hardy

According to nnooo, Nintendo doesn't allow 3rd party DSiware games to go online.

@Luc

I'm sure Cuddles' "clients" could verify if he is in fact cuddly or not. :D I could do this all day. Maybe you should change the name from Rose Princess to (snicker) Furry Legends. Joking. Okay I'm done. Playing with Mr. Cuddles now. Afterall, time is money. :D

@Adam

This is a Nintendo fansite. Everyone is a vocal minority, lol!

NintendoNaut

NintendoNaut said:

Wow. This is the best WiiWare game I've seen in a while. At least, it looks that way. Online play is gonna pwn if they do it right.

Sushie

Sushie said:

Wasn't too fond of EC's gameplay (though I loved the music and artsyle), but I'm definitely looking forward to this.

Objection

Objection said:

I'm not really interested in this game (and if I get it, I'll get on my iTouch) but I look forward to most of Luc's announced projects.