Two Tribes Reveals Their Next WiiWare Project

Posted by Marcel van Duyn

Set to make a series of games based around the famous Rubik's Cube.

Ever since they released the excellent WiiWare launch title Toki Tori, things have been rather quiet at Two Tribes, which was a shame - Obviously we couldn't wait to see what else they had in store for WiiWare!

Today the wait is over - Two Tribes has revealed that their next project is actually a series of WiiWare games based around the Rubik's Cube. They've already made Rubik's Cube videogames before, so it's really not too big of a shock! The first game in the series will be called Rubik's Puzzle Galaxy: RUSH.

As the title and Two Tribes's previous Rubik's Cube games hint, it will most likely not be a digital version of an actual Rubik's Cube - But rather a collection of minigames featuring its well-known appearance. Two Tribes has not given out any game details yet, but they've launched a site with a short, mysterious teaser which you can view here. Ignore The Game Factory's company name appearing - The game will still be published by Two Tribes.

It's not a lot of information, but don't worry - We've been promised an exclusive developer interview and screenshots early next week, so stay tuned!

Knux

Knux said:

Doesn't look that intresting, but I'll hold my judgement for now.

MattL

MattL said:

Toki Tori was, and still is, an understated gem of a game, with a surprising amount of depth and character. In a way I'm guilty of wanting a continuation of both those elements, but my hopes are still high as it's Two Tribes at the helm, and despite the Rubik's cube not seeming the most instantly appealing of concepts.

Objection

Objection said:

This s pretty disappointing. I was hoping the developer of TT would bring something more unique than a Rubik's Cube game.

stratocastx

stratocastx said:

Consider me disappointed as well. I recently finished Toki Tori and loved it, however I don't have much interest in this.

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

I used to own Two Tribes' Rubik's Puzzle World DS. It consisted of a fair number of varied puzzles involving coloured 3D cubes. It wasn't a game featuring just a rubiks cube toy on its own. The problem was it was a tad bland and a very average overall....but certainly NOT crap. It may have worked better as a DL ware title rather than a retail title.

Basically, if the game is even a slight improvement on that ds game and the controls work, I may well download it as it'd most likely be a solid wiiware title IMHO.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

Didn't the 1st one receive both mediocre reviews and sells? It seems almost as if they're desperate to see some sort of success with their Rubik franchise so now Tribes is using a downloadable business model. Coming up next, Tomb Raider in 40mb. :D

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

I'm not very excited about this but I'll wait for the interview and screenshots before I pass judgement on this Rubik's Cube project.

Machu

Machu said:

That teaser looks really cool! Not sure I like the sound of 'mini-games', I have no further need for mini game now Boom Blox 2 is here. I would like... Just a plain old virtual Rubik's Cube to play with, and the clock one, and the other bendy one that I always ended up breaking, released on WiiWare like the bit trip series. Now that I'd gt excited about.

Stargazer

Stargazer said:

Yay! I can't wait to save my blocks for something that doesn't bore me while reading three sentences of a preview!

brooks83

brooks83 said:

So I guess Two Tribes are gonna be known as "The Toki Tori and Rubiks Cube guys"