Top 20 DSiWare Games in USA (13th Aug)

Posted by Corbie Dillard

It's Thursday and time for our DSiWare Top 20!

It's time to take a look at the most popular DSiWare titles available on the DSi Shop. If you're feeling adventurous you can even take a look for yourself by simply logging on to the DSi Shop, heading into the DSiWare section and then viewing by "Popular Games". It's that easy!

We compile this list using the USA region DSi Shop, so if you live elsewhere your list will probably be quite a bit different. Please feel free to post your region's findings below as always.

Keep in mind that the list below is based on the total number of downloads made recently, not an overall total of downloads since the game's original release.

Here is the list for the 13th of August:

1 (1) - Nintendo DSi Browser
2 (N) - Flipnote Studio
3 (2) - Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again
4 (3) - Asphalt 4: Elite Racing
5 (4) - Paper Airplane Chase
6 (6) - WarioWare: Snapped!
7 (5) - Bird & Beans
17 (15) - American Popstar: Road to Celebrity
18 (13) - Art Style: ZENGAGE
19 (17) - Master of Illusion Express: Funny Face
20 (19) - Clubhouse Games Express: Card Classics

* (N) - Denotes a brand new entry in the Top 20
* (-) - Denotes a game that was not on the Top 20 last week

Despite being released less than 24 hours ago, Flipnote Studio has already shot up to #2 on the DSiWare Top 20. It looks like this new application might just be the one to finally knock the Nintendo DSi Browser off of the top spot soon. Also making their debut this week were Sudoku Student and Art Style: precipice, popping in at #9 and #10 respectively.

The big climber this week was Sudoku Student, which jumped from all the way off of the chart up to #9 this week. The big dropper this week was Brain Challenge and Art Style: ZENGAGE, both of which fell five spots.

With the debut of three DSiWare titles, it meant that three current titles had to drop off of the Top 20. Sudoku Master, Real Soccer 2009, and Art Style: BASE 10 all fell off of the chart this week. Maybe we'll see them on the Top 20 again at some point.

Objection

Objection said:

Thought so. Flipnote at no.2 already doesn't surprise me at all. Heck, I thought it'd be first by now.

SMEXIZELDAMAN

SMEXIZELDAMAN said:

wow thats something although im not surprised.l next week we can say by to the browser! well...not really.. it'll still be at no.2 lol

Hardy83

Hardy83 said:

This either shows how popular Flipnote is, or how few people download from the DSi online system.

Also it's sad to see Flip champs not on there, considering it's far far far FARRRRRRRR better then that sh$%%^ Master of Illusion demos.

Nintendork

Nintendork said:

Even if Flipnote was 800 points, it still deserves that spot. That thing's fantastic. :)

Metang

Metang said:

Thanks for the link Prosody.

Anyway, Flipnote at number 2. Why am I not surprised.

Bahamut_ZERO

Bahamut_ZERO said:

@Prosody: Aw man. No more 7 jokes? Well, it was a nice run while it lasted :(

Hmmmm, I gotta think of something else......give me two weeks and I'll have something else ;)

Knux

Knux said:

No more first jokes? Dang. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

Metang

Metang said:

And actually, I'm kind of glad there are no more seven jokes. It was funny at first, but I got pretty sick of it afterwards.

Odnetnin

Odnetnin said:

Thank you, mods! THANK YOU!
And, yeah, Flipnote Studio is still at #2 on the DSi Shop. I just checked. It's on its way, though, I know it.

motang

motang said:

Flipnote is awesome, there is no reason for someone not to have it if they have the DSi...it's Free first of all, and it's so robust (IMO). I am having loads of fun with it.

Cheezy

Cheezy said:

Yes because free things are cool :D I'm still stinned about Flipnotes release, I like freaking bolted to the library as fast as I could to download it...worth the trip though.

Bahamut_ZERO

Bahamut_ZERO said:

@E-160: You weren't here long enough to see their birth. I always found them funny, but I guess some people didn't. Though I wish more members were vocal about them or something, having a mod say "I banz you!!!" is a crappy way to end them.

Ah well, I'll be following the rules. Been banned once, don't want to go back there :P

I'm thinking my next joke will involve Daz......but I can't seem to think of anything. Ah well, it'll come to me :D

Bahamut_ZERO

Bahamut_ZERO said:

Just a question to a mod: Why do 7 jokes get a ban? Just because it's getting stale and boring, is it really "ban worthy?" I'll abide by the rules, but wouldn't it make more sense just to let em' die out by themselves?

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

I am not surprised Base 10 fell off too. It's a fun game but it takes a little while to get the hang of it. Still for 500 points more people should check it out. Love the music as well.

Objection

Objection said:

@Prosody-I have since seen that article and will reframe from making stealth firsties. I think I'll be fine, as they were fun but never a high priority.

HbRAze

HbRAze said:

as amazing as flipnote is (which is pretty damn amazing) i think browser will stay on top simply due to the fact that the browser is much more useful.

so far no app has come close to the usefulness of the browser, and until one does, the browser will remain undefeated :]]

HbRAze