NyxQuest: Kindred Spirits Available in North America Next Monday

Posted by Marcel van Duyn

Over the Top Games' awesome puzzle platformer finally crosses the ocean.

Over the Top Games has finally announced a North American release date for their debut game, NyxQuest: Kindred Spirits. The game was released in Europe back in June, but week after week, did not show up in any North American Wii Shop updates. Thankfully, you can now rest easy knowing that the game will be out next Monday, the 10th of August.

When it came out in Europe (As Icarian: Kindred Spirits, before a forced name change) we thought it was quite the excellent little title - It's highly comparable to WiiWare launch title LostWinds, requiring you to solve puzzles with the use of various ancient powers, while at the same time carefully avoiding all obstacles. On top of this, the game has fantastic graphics and a nice, atmospheric soundtrack. You can read our review here.

So, the wait's finally over! Which of you will be getting the game as soon as it's out?

[via nyxquest.com]

Machu

Machu said:

I'm never updating my copy of Icarian, ever! :D

Good news for NA, very nice game. Enjoy.

DazzaAdmin

Dazza said:

You guys are in for a treat, it was a fair trade for Bonsai Barber :-p

KrazyKain

KrazyKain said:

Americans, you really are in for one hell of a treat.. this game is amazing, its not so much a game as a piece of interactive art... just beware the eye.. i freaking hated that level...

Pastry

Pastry said:

Uh oh, I might have to spend my Cave Story points on this.

Meh, I can get some more points.

Nero

Nero said:

One of my favorite WiiWare titles. And I'm not updating my copy of Icarian either.

Link79

Link79 said:

I loved lostwinds so I'm sure this will be right up my alley. Can't wait!

ReZon

ReZon said:

1000 points for a 3 hour game isn't going to cut it for me. I don't care how great those 3 hours are either.

Bahamut_ZERO

Bahamut_ZERO said:

Insta-buy for me. I've been waiting to play the last 9/10 from NLife since.........a long time ago.

That is of course, unless Overturn gets a 9 too ;)

Kenny

Kenny said:

w00t!!! anyway i was waiting around for this news to try to get a the first comment i leftt to play WSR and it gets posted 5 mins later :-(

The_Cow

The_Cow said:

About freaking time! I've been waiting & holding onto my last 2,000 Wii Points long enough; for what seems like 2 months now since mid June! Now the only thing that can make next Monday better is SSB64; since I've been waiting for 5 long freaking months for that!

nintendoduffin

nintendoduffin said:

I'm tempted by Nyxquest as I really like 2D platformers but for some reason I never got into Lostwinds, maybe I should give it another chance.

Djungelurban

Djungelurban said:

@Rexon
Ok, but those 3 hours (more like 4½ for me but whatever) is worth more than 150 hours of Baldur's Gate or a lifetime of Guitar Hero, which for the record costs about like the same as 12 copies of Kindred Spirits... I'm just saying... Besides, are you telling me you've never payed $50 for a 15 hours game? I'm pretty sure you have...

Graph

Graph said:

Why do people measure a game by "time"? It just doesn't make sense to me, at all. People whine about the most ridiculous stuff theses days and are cheap. A game is meant to be played several times, not just once, just like movies. I'll never get these people. I think they need chill pills.

Objection

Objection said:

I'll be getting this ASAP along with Darklord, which I haven't had a chance to download. Yay, a guaranteed great update! (And by guaranteed, I mean, if this is 100% accurate and doesn't change!) :O

Noire

Noire said:

Sweet, I may finally get a new WiiWare game! I haven't bought one since Mega Man 9...Too busy buying games I've already played several times.

ganondwarf16

ganondwarf16 said:

funny how there are like four wiiware games that came out recently that I want but nothing on vc since majora's mask

said:

Graph I think you need a "chill pill" Lay off; Its thier opinions and taste. Perhaps they are in games with Great replay vaule. Also before offending some with your outburst (me!) of what some look in games; This you wrote makes no sense. "Why do people measure a game by time?" "Ill never get these people." Why are you asking if you will "never get these people."

Jockolantern

Jockolantern said:

Sweetness. A day one buy for me. Been looking forward to this game for quite some time, so I can't wait to get my hands on it next Monday.

Djungelurban

Djungelurban said:

@43
Not to speak ill of LostWinds, I liked that game well enough, but it's leagues below NyxQuest. Where as LostWinds was a collection of good ideas, NyxQuest is a collection of good ideas done right.

DreamWatcher

DreamWatcher said:

YES!!! Finally! Sweet justice! I actually squealed seeing the article. XP (Yes, I'm a girl. I'm allowed to squeal.) O_O Now I just need to get my Wii hooked up on Monday. Time to make some calls and start planning some multiplayer.

Falk_Sturmfels

Falk_Sturmfels said:

Nobody I know in my forums played this game just three hours. It took me 5:53 hours to beat it completely. Great game, go and buy it, americans! Outstanding music, and uh, yeah, the eye-level is weird.