Nostalgia North American Release Date Announced

Posted by Corbie Dillard

Should be a Happy Halloween for DS RPG fans.

Although the official web site still has a September release date listed for Ignition Entertainment's upcoming DS role-playing title Nostalgia, we noticed that several retailers had the game listed for an October release.

We thought we'd do a little checking and were able to get in touch with Ignition Entertainment to find out that the game will be hitting North American retail shelves on October 20, 2009.

You can check out a little snippet of information about the upcoming DS RPG release below and we'll have a full review of the game when it's released in October.

Nostalgia is an RPG developed by Matrix Studios and published in North America by Ignition Entertainment. Set in the 19th century, Nostalgia gives players control of main character Eddy, son of a legendary English adventurer, and the adventure begins as Eddy and a cast of fellow Londoners set off on an adventure that takes them across the world.

One of the key game play elements in Nostalgia is the presence of flight which allows players to move about the world through the air rather than walking across an large overworld map. Nostalgia’s epic air ship battles and exploration of expansive maps through the air brings another dimension to the RPG and adds to the fighting party-based command battles which take place in dungeons throughout the game.

Unca_LzStaff

Unca_Lz said:

Wait. Sonicmaster's not here? What's going on? October? That gives me enough time after M&L: Inside Bowser's Story and Kingdom Hearts! :D

Rum_Rapture

Rum_Rapture said:

I can't get enough of DS RPGs. I hope this gets released in the UK at some point. If not though, I might import it (along with Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier)... Because I NEED RPGS.

[goes back to Dragon Quest V]

Noire

Noire said:

They're pushing it back?! Crap in a can, I was looking forward to playing it next month. :(

fudgenuts

fudgenuts said:

@PhoenixSage: Same here, but I'm kinda glad they pushed it back, as it will give me more time with Bowser's Inside Story, Scribblenauts, and Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days.

Noire

Noire said:

@fudgenuts: Yeah, I guess it's a good thing. Too much competition for it in the month of September anyway. I've just had this at the top of my DS list for the longest time, and to see it get pushed back is disheartening. Oh well, Muramasa's still coming out, so I'll be able to make it.

Unca_LzStaff

Unca_Lz said:

Seems like the DS is going to be strong for the next few months

Egg_miester

Egg_miester said:

this is good news with a lot of great games coming out in sept i don't mind this getting pushed back

ASDFGHJKL

ASDFGHJKL said:

SonicMasster is in terrible shock. He may not post ever again. You just had to suprise and excite him like this NL!!!!! He just a kid!!!!! :P

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

So you are a girl. I always wondered. From your posts you always seemed like a girl.

Crazed

Crazed said:

I think this is a very good move on Ignition's part. They can focus on Muramasa, then once that is released, they can put more quality polishing on Nostalgia. Of course, this also means that we're going to have empty pockets for the next two months, but I think I can deal with it.

Unca_LzStaff

Unca_Lz said:

Empty pockets? I'm not even gonna have pockets by the end of the year!! :P

SonicMaster

SonicMaster said:

@pixelman
yeah, I get birthday money too, but I have to reserve Soul Silver, and I won't have enough left for it. Maybe I'll have to give up the BaHB stress ball.

Unca_LzStaff

Unca_Lz said:

@Sonicmaster: Why do you have to reserve SoulSilver if it's not coming out 'til spring? Why not spend your money on games that are about to be released now?

Rum_Rapture

Rum_Rapture said:

@Crazed: Count yourself lucky that you're getting them so soon! We don't get Muramasa until November, and who knows about Nostalgia... Curses!

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

Hey, who's the hot chick?! Damn, its just PhoenixSage! Just kidding; welcome back Jenna!:)

Oh and regarding Nostalgia; as much as I want this game the delay couldn't have come at a better time for me. Too many games are coming out and I need time to catch up!

Noire

Noire said:

@WolfRamHeart: :P Seriously, though, I find these jokes absolutely hilarious for some reason. And yep, I can tell she's happy to be back, and I am too. :)

retro_player_22

retro_player_22 said:

So many RPGs are coming for the DS in the coming months, I'm excited
September - Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days, The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2, Hero's Saga Laevatein Tactics, and Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
October - Nostalgia, Atelier Annie: Alchemists of Sera Island, A Witch's Tale, Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky, and Fighting Fantasy: The Warlock of Firetop Mountain
November - Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Saiyans

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Hm, still not sure about this one. Seems a lot like Skies of Arcadia, so I might wait until I try that one, whenever the heck I finally get around to it.

deadly_by_design

deadly_by_design said:

Looks pretty neat for we retro RPG fans. It's a shame I'm so slow about playing these though... It's hard for me to commit to anything on a handheld.