Muramasa: The Demon Blade - Locations Trailer

Posted by Corbie Dillard

Check out the brand new Muramasa video!

We were lucky enough to get our hands on the brand new Muramasa: The Demon Blade - Locations Trailer and we have to say, this game looks better and better each time we see new video of it in action. If you're a fan of 2-D action/side-scrollers then you should start getting very excited about this upcoming Wii release.

You can check out the brand new trailer below along, with a snippet of official press release information on the game. Muramasa: The Demon Blade is set to hit store shelves in North America on September 8th. Better start saving your money now.

Using the Wiimote+nunchuk, the classic controller or the Gamecube pad, players take control of one of the main characters, Kisuke or Momohime, on two separate quests across the dangerous countryside to collect 108 swords each with unique stats and abilities to battle waves of henchmen and extraordinarily imaginative and stylized bosses.

With THREE ‘Best Wii Game’ awards, TWO ‘Best Artistic Design’ awards, a ‘Best Action Game’ and ‘Best Platformer’ award at this year’s E3 Expo, Muramasa: The Demon Blade has quickly become one of the most anticipated titles of 2009. Muramasa: The Demon Blade features beautiful 2D hand-drawn graphics and environments, deep music and sound and game play which has revolutionized the side scrolling plaformer.

This new trailer follows both lead characters, Kisuke and Momohime, through the beautiful environments of feudal Japan. See how players will journey through highly stylized locations that include everything from Japan’s snow covered fields to lush green forests and even wave crashing beaches.

As usual, we'll be keeping you up-to-date on any developments with Muramasa: The Demon Blade and we'll have a full review of the game as soon as it hits stores on September 8th!

[via youtube.com]

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

I'm all over this game when I finally get my hands on it. Easily one of my most anticipated Wii titles of 2009.

Odnetnin

Odnetnin said:

For some strange, strange reason, I actually don't like the art style of this game in motion.

Noire

Noire said:

Man, that's beautiful...I'm seriously considering getting this over Metroid Prime Trilogy, as I only have the money for one. It just looks absolutely awesome.

Egg_miester

Egg_miester said:

possibly the best game all year on any system and i can't wait but i am confused on release date gamestop has it for the first maybe they are getting it before everyone else

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

The September 8th release date came from Ignition themselves.

Cthuloops

Cthuloops said:

Glad I'm getting that wall scroll. :)

Been hyped about this game for a long time. Sep. 8th is so close now! :D

King_Elemento

King_Elemento said:

Has it been revealed what controllers it supports?
I ask because the trailer looks great, but it doesn't look like the kind of game I want to use a D-Pad on, or the Nunchuck's stick.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

This is from Ignition Entertainment and I added it in above as well.

Metroid133

Metroid133 said:

Can't wait for the game! I'm getting it the week it comes out from Ignition themselves! :)

Tails

Tails said:

Aww it says 1st on Gamestop oh well ^^" i'll still get it Scroll you will be mine

cheese

cheese said:

Looks brilliant and everything is so smooth. This game actually reminds me of Viewtiful Joe.

tatemon555

tatemon555 said:

Me want so badly! This game has powers, and it uses them well. Thank you, Vanillaware and George Kamitani!

mojo25

mojo25 said:

Awesome. I want this baad.

Reminds me of Okami + Viewtiful Joe. Cooool... >:3