Medieval Games Gameplay Trailer

Posted by Corbie Dillard

Check out this Medieval mini-game collection in action!

We just got in a brand new video of the upcoming Wii mini-game collection Medieval Games showing the game in action. The game will feature 30 unique Medieval mini-games that include sword fighting, archery, jousting, and catapulting. It will also feature three different game boards to play through.

You can check out the gameplay trailer below for a taste of what you can expect from this unique Wii release that's due to hit North American store shelves in October.

Relive the Days of Olde!

Dive into the storybook world of Medieval Games! Battle dragons, storm the castle, or joust with up to three of your friends in a quest to become the tournament champion. Choose from eight iconic characters such as the Knight, Princess, or Wizard as you experience Free Play, Tournament, and Board Game modes. Good olde light hearted humor, easy pick up and play action, and addictive gameplay make Medieval Games a favorite for all families!

Medieval Games features:

• The first Wii game set in Medieval times!
  • 30 unique Medieval mini-games including sword fighting, jousting, archery, and catapulting.
  • Challenge your opponents in fun competition modes like Free Play and Tournament.
  • Compete across three distinct game boards
  • Invite up to three friends to join in the fun with 4-person multiplayer action.

We'll keep you informed on any new Medieval Games developments and we'll have a full review of the game when upon its release.

[via youtube.com]

Odnetnin

Odnetnin said:

Do you like poorly produced, overpriced, and gimmicky mini-game collections that don't seem to even remotely take themselves seriously? 'Cause that's what this looks like.

said:

board games are nice but is obvious that this game has the wii=retards mentality from the big companies.

Besides, the game looks dumb. Pass.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

I don't know how the game is, I haven't played it yet. Looking like sh*t and actually being sh*t are two different things. :D If the mini-games are good, I'll enjoy them for the $30 price tag. The Wario Ware games are a good example. They look ridiculous until you actually play them. :)

SmokeyMonkey

SmokeyMonkey said:

The only Mini-games I like are in Super Mario Party 8. Not sure how this is going to turn out :/

Lady_Gryphon

Lady_Gryphon said:

The video made me laugh so I'm at least interested to see more, including a review, before pronouncing it "meh" :)

grenworthshero

grenworthshero said:

True, Lady Gryphon, it didn't look nearly as bad as most minigame collections, but just the fact that it has 30 minigames makes me question its quality. 30 minigames is A LOT, which makes me think there are about 5 worth playing in the collection. The onscreen prompt that said "shaketh" made me laugh, though.

AVahne

AVahne said:

i saw sword-fighting and then i thought AWESOME! then i saw the screenshot and now i wont even consider buying this

Pablo17

Pablo17 said:

I love mini game collection/party games. However, very few companies know how to do it right. A great mini game collection needs to have fun mini games and most companies cranking these games out forget that part.

zane

zane said:

This doesn't look like a turd at all, can actually be a pretty good party game imo. And with 40 megs this could be a grafxpusher on the wiiware.

edit: oh it's a discrelease...... FAIL!!!

Odnetnin

Odnetnin said:

@Corbie You are right about looks sometimes being deceiving, but the following is slightly irrelevant in my opinion:
"The Wario Ware games are a good example. They look ridiculous until you actually play them. :)"
They may look ridiculous, but WarioWare is a venerable first-party franchise, and only the first one or two games would've been approached with much skepticism.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

How exactly is it irrelevant? This is the first game in this series. The original Wario Ware was the first game in the series and media outlets were ripping it from the moment Nintendo released the first screenshots and video of it in action. I remember it quite clearly, with one media outlet even going so far as to call it nothing more than a pathetic way to capitalize on the Wario character.

Then when everyone got to play it, it received high review scores and was praised as brilliant. While I don't know how this game will turn out, it could just as easily turn out to be good. I'll reserve judgement until I get my hands on it and then I'll know for sure. :)

odd69

odd69 said:

I'm going to pass on this one=) I'm more of a big game player, not a mini game player.

Odnetnin

Odnetnin said:

Preface: My points were that it was a first-party game, featuring a known character, so, though it may have seemed very stupid (at first) to some people, most weren't honestly expecting it to flop. Nintendo games had a better reputation then as a whole (i.e. no Pokemon Battle Revolutions, or [insert the name of an average Mario sports title here]s). Also, "micro-games" were a new, exciting concept in a way, and while they looked ridiculous, WarioWare (to me) had a very promising art style that exuded Japanese quirkiness, and hinted at the quality of the game. I understand that, to the average player, it might not have. Medieval Games may in fact turn out very decent, or even great, but I believe I have good reason to approach it with much caution. You win, I just wanted you to see my points.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

I always win. Whether I win or not. :D But in all seriousness, I see your point. I just don't like to dismiss something until I've gotten my hands on it.

Odnetnin

Odnetnin said:

It's settled, then. I will be pleasantly surprised if it is good, and I admit it seems to have a certain personality about it (more than many others of its kind on Wii, at any rate). I will also not be very surprised if it is mediocre. But because of its aforementioned charm, I don't expect it to fail epically. Not at all.