Japanese Virtual Console list - September 2009
Posted by Marcel van Duyn
Konami and Square Enix offer more support.
It's already the last Friday of the month again, so you know what that means - Nintendo of Japan has revealed next month's Virtual Console plans. As in the last few months, there's not exactly many games (For Japan's standards, at least) but those that are there are all quite nice to see. Too bad we'll probably not get many of them!
As usual, Namco Bandai has chosen not to reveal their arcade games until they're close to release, so there's only one Namco arcade game on the list right now - But there will be more!
Next month's full schedule is as follows:
- Taikou Risshiden (September 1st - A historic simulation game by Koei in which you must live through a certain period of Japan's history just like you would in real life, potentially meeting historic figures along the way)
- Ganbare Goemon 3: Shishijyuurokubei no Karakuri Manji Katame (The third Super Famicom entry in Konami's comical ninja series)
- Bahamut Lagoon (Another Japan-only Square Enix RPG)
Sega Mega Drive:
- Earthworm Jim 2 (September 1st - Strangely, despite never originally being released in Japan, it seems like they're getting it before the rest of the world!)
Virtual Console Arcade:
- Xevious (September 1st - The original arcade version of Namco's vertical shoot 'em up)
- Rygar (The original sidescrolling arcade game from Tecmo. No overhead sections like in the more well-known NES port here!)
If Namco releases one arcade game each week, that means Japan is looking at a total of 10 VC games this month - Something we can only dream of these days!