First Screens of Super Monkey Ball Step & Roll

Posted by Corbie Dillard

Check out Sega's upcoming Balance Board party game in action!

We just got in five brand new screenshots of Sega's upcoming Wii release Super Monkey Ball Step & Roll in action.

Super Monkey Ball Step & Roll makes use of the Nintendo Wii Balance Board to offer up an all-new party game experience for the Wii console. You'll have to tilt and lean your way through the multitude of Super Monkey Ball challenges.

You can check out the first screenshots of the game in action below and we'll have more information on the game as it becomes available, as well as a full review when the game is released.

VGM

VGM said:

I cannot wait to play this game,I think the Balance Board will be perfect for this game. :)

MattL

MattL said:

The Gamecube versions were the best, I agree. The Wii one just left me feeling empty, the whole experience seemed soulless. But I have high-hopes for this. As mentioned above, it's the perfect control mechanism for the Wii Balance Board (as long as it's done right, obviously). Fingers crossed :)

KnucklesSonic8

KnucklesSonic8 said:

Can't wait! I'm one of the few who enjoyed SMBBB. I will admit that removing the ability to jump in this one is a good call considering all the complaints it received. I love how some of the better mini-games are returning and will have Balance Board controls integrated. RLGL in particular should be even more fun than it was in SMBBB thanks to the Balance Board. :D

Darknyht

Darknyht said:

I hope the wii board one works better. I felt happy that I only rented it. Perhaps the Motion Plus could help with the bad controls for those without a wii board.

warioswoods

warioswoods said:

I still find the rolling-ball game in Wii Fit to be extremely difficult, but Monkey Ball would presumably work very differently: in Wii Fit, the camera's relation to the stage is fixed, while in Monkey Ball it gradually shifts to remain more or less behind your character once you get some momentum, which would presumably make the controls much more intuitive when you want to suddenly slow yourself down by leaning back, etc., instead of having to think in terms of the orientation of the stage itself.

Pablo17

Pablo17 said:

I loved the two Gamecube games but thought that the Wii version was a bit of a let down.

SInce this uses the balance board, how will multiplayer work? I guess they could alternate turns but the games where you play at the same time were some of the best.

Machu

Machu said:

I look forward to falling off my balance board while playing this.

I love monkey balls!

Soliloquy

Soliloquy said:

It sounds great that I can use my balance board for something other than Wii Fit! Banana Blitz was very fun, albeit challenging (final boss is TOUGH!). Hopefully this will improve on the Monkey Ball experience! :)

SwerdMurd

SwerdMurd said:

If I trust anyone outside of Nintendo to implement Wii functionality well (in this case, BB), it's Sega. 50 dollars already set aside for this one.

Marioman64

Marioman64 said:

im just glad they took out the jumping. as soon as i played banana blitz and found out i could jump, i was like "...that's cheap"

so far, monkey ball 2 for gamecube is the supreme overlord of the series and i have yet to see a worthy sequel