And Yet It Moves Coming to WiiWare

Posted by Corbie Dillard

Broken Rules bringing their PC/Mac platformer to WiiWare.

Broken Rules has just officially announced that their PC/Mac platformer And Yet It Moves is coming to Nintendo's WiiWare service.

This unique puzzle/platformer infuses exciting art styles with challenging platforming action and tosses in a bit of puzzle solving to the mix to spice things up a bit. You can check out the official press information on this upcoming title below as well as the official WiiWare trailer.

And Yet It Moves is a puzzle-platformer, set in a unique world, made of ripped paper. Within the paper collage, you can jump, run and last but certainly not least: rotate the world. Learn how to apply the physical consequences of rotation to master the many tricky situations you may encounter.

You can play a race against the clock on different levels, too, competing against previous clocked times. Your run will be recorded, as a »Ghost« which can be submitted, along with your time, to the global high scores online. You can download other users' Ghosts to compete with friends and strangers around the world and see who found the fastest route.

Following the acclaim of the previously awarded prototype for And Yet It Moves, we present the full version, containing three exciting and beautiful environments and lots of new challenges.

Key Features

Advanced platforming:
Not only can you jump and run, but you can rotate the world in 90 degree intervals, as well. 17 levels with a unique look & feel: Mind-bending puzzles set in an extraordinary paper collage world, with three different environments, enriched and brought to life with handmade sounds and music.

Speed Run mode:
You can compete against the clock or previously recorded Ghost Runs on each level, with marathon runs throughout the entire environment.

Online high scores and shareable Ghost Runs:
Go for the high score by challenging your friends or complete strangers and polish your skills of rotation.

Gameplay

And Yet It Moves is centered around the enhancement of players' abilities in a 2D platformer. Its core mechanism is the power to turn the world in 90 degrees intervals any time the user chooses to. This has clear implications on the game environment: walls become floors, tunnels may suddenly be used as downward slides and a stone resting on the ground may fall, becoming either a dangerous obstacle or useful object for catapulting.

To successfully progress through a level, a player must apply the physical consequences of rotating the world to the avatar, and to other moving objects, like stones, drops of water and branches, as well as to living things, such as bats, monkeys and much more.

We'll keep you informed on any new And Yet It Moves developments and we'll have a full review of the game when it hits the WiiWare service.

[via youtube.com]

Wiiloveit

Wiiloveit said:

The demo is good, and I'm really looking forward to trying the Wii version of this, although it was unveiled two and a half months ago now :

Tails

Tails said:

looks intresting i'll save my points if cave story doesn't come out before it hopefully it does soon x.x;

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

I played the demo a bit and it's actually pretty cool. Definitely one to watch.

DrakeStaff

Drake said:

I'm probably gonna grab it on Steam sometime - Somehow I doubt they're gonna be able to keep the online leaderboards and shareable ghost data for the WiiWare version.

Odnetnin

Odnetnin said:

Uh, how do you quit the demo? I'm the third level, and want to exit.
@Machu Sorry, I'm bad with abbreviations. What does that stand for?

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

@Machu Sorry, I'm bad with abbreviations. What does that stand for?

Hint: Look at the title of this article. :D

Djungelurban

Djungelurban said:

I had no idea this was coming to WiiWare. I've seen it before, it always looked really neat. Looks like the second half of this year will be just jampacked with awesome all the time.

longtimegamer

longtimegamer said:

I'm thinking I've heard of this somewhere before. If they just NOW told you guys, it must have not been here. I Guess.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

We've had a game page up for this one for a long time, but it's just now being officially announced. It happens with some titles from time to time.

vherub

vherub said:

I played through the full version on the pc, the demo is good, but doesn't really do the game justice. The learning curve is also pretty smooth, by the time you get to the demo level in the tree, it is nowhere near as frustrating.

odd69

odd69 said:

Wow, another platformer. The higher powers above are answering our prayers.

JimLad

JimLad said:

I'd like the parts with actual people to be the game, like one of those crappy live action games for the 3DO.
Actual game looks cool too though.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

IGN generally seems to care less about these smaller-name titles, which makes it easy for smaller sites to grab the news on them far ahead of time. I guess we shouldn't complain. :)

Jockolantern

Jockolantern said:

Loved the look of this unique platformer when I first saw it on Steam, but I don't have the system requirements to play it myself. Hearing about this WiiWare release has me all kinds of jazzed now that I'll actually get to play it. Looks like a very solid little platformer; and the 90 degree rotation aspect has all sorts of great, challenging implications.