WiiWare and DSiWare Mecho Wars Games Approved by Nintendo

Posted by Corbie Dillard

Mecho Wars headed to the Wii and DSi within the next few months.

It looks like the wait for the WiiWare and DSiWare versions of Luc Bernard's Mecho Wars won't be too much longer. According to Oyaji Games' web site news section, both games have passed approval at Nintendo and are ready to go.

Below is the news snippet from Oyaji Games' official web site.

Mecho Wars on WiiWare and DSiWare have both officially been approved by Nintendo and should be out in the next few months.

We'll have more information on Mecho Wars as it becomes available, as well as a full review of the games when they hit the WiiWare and DSiWare services. Until then you can take a listen to the official theme song from the WiiWare version of Mecho Wars below.

"Revive Me - Theme from Mecho Wars"

Related Games

Knux

Knux said:

Wow, this is going to be Luc Benard's first game to be released on WiiWare.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

I've played the iPhone game and it's a lot of fun. Easy to get into, yet it offers some good challenge later on.

Sage_Joch

Sage_Joch said:

Been looking forward to this, hopefully it's up to the same standards as Swords&Soldiers. I also hope it's not too short.

SupermarketZombies

SupermarketZombies said:

Mecho Wars is on sale for $1 at this very moment! Buy it now! I got it for $5 and I'm not bummed at all about missing this sale because it was worth it.

Sneaker13

Sneaker13 said:

I love this kind of strategy games. But I think they have to do more to make it a WiiWare game then just add motion controls.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

It is very Advance Wars-like. It's simple enough for anyone to play, but it does get quite challenging later on. This new update to it on iPhone is supposed to add a lot to the experience and it should be included in the WiiWare and DSiWare releases. We've got an interview with Luc coming up soon.

DamoAdmin

Damo said:

Not sure if the WiiWare/DSiWare versions will have online but the iPhone is supposed to be getting an update that introduces it.

SMEXIZELDAMAN

SMEXIZELDAMAN said:

I think WiiWare/ DsiWare should get online play for it. It would add a lot of replay value and would be awesome. It would b like the first dsiware game that could do online play and it would probally get a lot of sales! :D is this game kinda like fire emblem? cuz if it is ima get it

IAmNotWill

IAmNotWill said:

Definetly purchasing this game. On DSiware I will definetly buy, but not so sure about the WiiWare one, unless with online.

Popyman

Popyman said:

Can't wait! Maybe I can get better at this Advance Wars style gameplay...

Slapshot

Slapshot said:

SWEET love new good DSiWare to look foreward too. Not that ive even finished what Ive already started LOL :D

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

I'll be putting up some impressions of the iPhone Mecho Wars game in the forums soon.

MrPoo6321

MrPoo6321 said:

What happened to Eternity's Child? I was really looking forward to that one. I was also looking forward to Animales de la Muerte... How come all the games I want to play on WiiWare are the ones that never get released?