Renegade Kid's Moon Finally Getting UK Release

Posted by Damien McFerran

First person blaster hitting Europe this month

Renegade Kid may be working on new projects but the developer's highly rated DS FPS Moon is only now getting a European release, thanks to publisher Rising Star Games. American DS owners had the chance to enjoy this technically-advanced game back in January.

Shamefully we've yet to review the game here on Nintendo Life but we intend to remedy this unfortunate situation as soon as possible. In the meantime, here's the official press release:

2058, Lunar Outpost Alpha. Major Edward Kane, Chief of Military Operations for the Extra-Terrestrial Encounter Organisation, has been called in to investigate reports of strange energy readings and missing personnel.

Aid Major Kane and his men as you head out to uncover the mysteries surrounding the outpost and face off against and unseen enemy.

Features

• Renegade Kid’s patented formula of a sick and twisted FPS adventure features a cinematic storyline and white knuckle shooting action.
  • Built on the Renegade Engine 2.0, Moon delivers rich environments and robust FPS gameplay which screams at a blistering 60 frames a second.
  • Collect alien artefacts and challenge insane difficulty levels to unlock premium hidden content – only the hardcore need apply.
  • Annihilate alien hostiles as you rip up the lunar landscape in your turret-equipped buggy or pilot the Remote Search Droid to delve into the Moon’s darkest corners.
  • Deliver Major Kane’s style of intergalactic diplomacy as you wield powerful alien technology like the LeptonSpread – a particle shotgun that can tear your enemies a new black hole.

Developed by Renegade Kid, creators of the award-winning Dementium: The Ward, Moon uses the Renegade 2.0 engine to push the Nintendo DS to its limits with an epic story, atmospheric environments and white-knuckle sci-fi FPS action.

The game hits European stores on the 3rd July and is priced at £29.99.

Machu

Machu said:

Time to dust the DS off, sweet!

Thank the Gods for Rising Star eh, they give me good games and I am very grat3ful. Yay!

Philip_J_ReedStaff

Philip_J_Reed said:

I like video games, just not the ones that require you to run back and fourth all the time.

postmanX3

postmanX3 said:

Ha, ironic I just bought Moon myself. (I'm in the US.) I guess I'm late.

It's an excellent game. The atmosphere is well set-up, the action is good, and the graphics are incredible. It's even more amazing when you consider it was put together by, what, 6 people?

King_Elemento

King_Elemento said:

I've heard good stuff about this from a member of The Speed Gamers. I might give this a shot. You never know, it might even get into my top nine games list.

Pegasus

Pegasus said:

It's a decent game, but I liked Dementium better even with its shortcomings. Looking forward to Dementium 2.

Wiiloveit

Wiiloveit said:

The game hits European stores on the 3rd July and is priced at £29.99.
Talk about short notice. Well, at least we're getting it.
I <3 Rising Star Games

Rum_Rapture

Rum_Rapture said:

These are the guys who made Dementium aren't they? At least Moon wasn't delayed for as long as that was.

tkubas1

tkubas1 said:

Its really good, you should get it. Its kind of like metroid prime. Its kinda short though.