Renegade Kid Developing 3-D Platformer for Nintendo DS

Posted by Corbie Dillard

The Nintendo DS FPS specialists take on the platforming genre.

Renegade Kid, developers of two of the Nintendo DS system's finest FPS titles in Dementium: The Ward and Moon, are currently hard at work on yet another DS release titled Maximillian and the Rise of the Mutant Mudds.

Unlike Renegade Kid's previous DS offerings, this time around the development studio is taking on the platforming genre, a favorite among the developers, as it turns out.

While not much is currently known about the game, we were able to get our hands on a handful of screenshots showing the game in action and we've also set up an interview with the guys at Renegade Kid that we'll be putting together in the very near future.

Until then you can take a look at the screenshots below for a taste of what this unique platformer has to offer up. We'll have more information on Maximillian and the Rise of the Mutant Mudds as it becomes available, as well as a full review when the game is released.

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

Hmm, I'm not sure what to make of this one yet. I'll wait for more info before I pass judgement. It could be interesting, maybe.

KrazyKain

KrazyKain said:

Renegade kid are the HVS for DS, Moon and Dementium are miles ahead of all other ds games (from a technological point of view). so I have no doubt this game is going to be very good.

what ever happend to that mysterious Wii game they are supposedly working on anyway?

Objection

Objection said:

I'm hopeful for it, since the screenshots make it look fun but God, that's an AWFUL title.

y2josh

y2josh said:

I liked the title myself. I already see people saying "Yes, I loved MRMM" somewhere on the forums in the future.

Crazed

Crazed said:

I always am in for a good platformer, and I really like Moon, so I'm excited.