Prepare to open Pandora's Box in September

Posted by Darren Calvert

Professor Layton and Pandora's Box dated for Europe.

We’ve just got word from Nintendo Europe that their DS puzzle fest Professor Layton and Pandora's Box will launch on 25th September in Europe. Predictably our friends in North America will get the game slightly earlier on the 24th August where it will be known as Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box instead just to confuse everybody!

The game is of course a follow-up to the excellent Professor Layton and the Curious Village which came out last year. It’s been out in Japan for about 2 years now, so it’s good to see that Nintendo’s translation team have finally wrapped this one up.

The game follows Professor Layton and Luke travelling cross country by train to solve the mystery behind a strange box that is said to kill anyone who opens it.

There are over 150 new puzzles and riddles on offer, including additional content which will be available for download using the Wi-Fi Connection.

Watch out for the full Nintendo Life review once we get our grubby mitts on this puzzling wonder.

Rum_Rapture

Rum_Rapture said:

At least it's only a month's wait this time. Much better than the 9 month gap between the NA and EU releases with the first game :s

-TR

-TR said:

Same day as Scribblenauts, no less. Fantastic, I've got to find £60 by September, and that';s just for DS games alone.

Objection

Objection said:

I need to get the first one (which I once borrowed.) And of course America is the only place that there's a name change. :P

JustYourAverageBleh

JustYourAverageBleh said:

well that's good news!
i've been waiting for this game! and i love the first Layton game!
but i heared japan had another layton sequel "the last time travel?"

Crazed

Crazed said:

@8- According to wikipedia (not the most credible source, I know...), Japan has "The Last Time Travel" and is getting "The Specter's Flute" this fall. There was a picture of the latter on Level 5's site, but the text was all in Japanese...

Anyway, I can't wait to get this game. I played the first one through Gamefly, and I'm just going to buy the second one. If it's like the first one, I'll be happy for quite some time.

homopod

homopod said:

agree. the first layton was great! very long, interesting, challenging. great style and atmosphere