Pop Island New Wave Trailer

Posted by Corbie Dillard

Check out the newest video of the game in action!

Odenis Studio has just sent over the newest gameplay trailer for their upcoming DSiWare title Pop Island and this game is looking better and better. Hopefully the wait for its release won't be too much longer now.

You can check out the Pop Island New Wave Trailer below to see the game in action. You can also check out the brand new batch of Pop Island screenshots we just got in below as well.

We'll have more information on Pop Island as it becomes available, as well as a full review when the game hits the DSiWare service.

[via youtube.com]

Bahamut_ZERO

Bahamut_ZERO said:

What the.....this gameplay looks.....weird. What genre is this, or is it the FIRST game of a whole new genre?

EDIT: Goddammit Cheezy :P

TwilightV

TwilightV said:

Pointless first posts are pointless.

On topic: I think it's a racing/capture the flag hybrid.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

it looks like there is no sense of direction in the enviornments unless you look at the second screen.

Dicesukeinuzuka

Dicesukeinuzuka said:

looks cool in my opinion, I hope the game is deep.

Anyways, There got to be no chance that this game could be worse than boxlife, I'm not to found of pure puzzles with NO STORY.

pixelman

pixelman said:

I'd consider getting this if I had a DSi. :P

It looks really cool. Interesting (I think?!) take on the racing genre.

Hardy83

Hardy83 said:

It's actually quite easy to tell what's going on.

In this mode (I dunno if there is more. lol) it's clearly red vs blue capture the flag.
You have multiple red toons and multiple blue toons racing to get a flag and bring it back to what i assume is a specific part of the map designated as their home base.

Looks interesting, but seems like a multiplayer game... If only NIntendo would let third parties that didn't have to pour millions onto their systems use Wifi. lol stupid nintendo.

GamerZack7

GamerZack7 said:

I still don't have a Gnawty's eye what's going on, but all I know is...

I WANTS ME A BIT O' THAT ACSHHHHON! :D

...sorry for the poor spelling. I just needed a bit of extra dramatic effect.

Hardy83

Hardy83 said:

".... okay. does is this an online game?" As far as it's known, Nintendo won't allow any third party developer make Wifi DSiWare games for fear of, gyar! Ye ol' Pirates takin' vantage of the fragile signals of the wifi banshee signals! Yar!

So I doubt it, which is really, really, REALLY stupid on Nintendo's part.

KDR_11k

KDR_11k said:

I'm wondering what effect the terrain will actually have, doesn't seem to do much except bounce a player up, landing on lava certainly had no negative effect there.

I think the hurdle is running the servers and all that, not getting permission from Nintendo.

Terra

Terra said:

Maybe it's just me, but I'm getting a Bplus style vibe from this game, which I'm not sure what to make of.