FFCC: My Life as a Dark Lord Coming to Europe July 17th

Posted by Corbie Dillard

The sequel to My Life as a King is headed to Europe soon.

FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES: My Life as a King was one of the original launch titles for the WiiWare service and fans have been clamoring for a sequel ever since.

Well the wait is almost over as the game has just been announced for release on the European WiiWare service on July 17th.

FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES: My Life as a Dark Lord will require you to build towers and set up traps in order to stop the hordes of annoying adventurers that are trying to steal your Crystal that's hidden at the top of your tower.

Below is a snippet from the official web site that gives a little background on the storyline of the game.

FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES: My Life as a Darklord puts you in the highly fashionable shoes of the Darklord's daughter, a malevolent little Miss, charged with dispatching intruding do-gooders by strategically placing traps and monsters around the tower she calls home.

It's a real time strategy game with a devilish twist!

You'll need to get your hands on ever more diabolical traps and abominable monsters if you're going to stop these pesky adventurers from making it to the Dark Crystal at the top of your tower. Be warned - with heroes of all the races and job classes from the FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES series storming your lair in real time, your traps and minions will count for nothing unless you deploy them like a true evil genius. Anything less, and your beloved home will be reduced to rubble before you know it!

Stop protecting the world as a goody-two-shoes king and start conquering it as a bad-to-the-bone Darklord! Sure, there are legions of annoying adventurers determined to stop you, but as any self-respecting arch-villain would agree, swatting them is the best bit!

We'll have more information on FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES: My Life as a Dark Lord as it becomes available, as well as a full review when the game hits the WiiWare service.

ejamer

ejamer said:

Agreed - this sounds like fun. Can't wait to hear a review or two. :D

James

James said:

If only I wasn't busy on July 17th..!

I didn't play the first one actually, but may get this one as (let's face it) it's always more fun being evil!

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

Darn, Europe gets another great game before the US! Lucky! I can't wait for this one! Hopefully it will be worth the wait. At least I can read the review before it comes out!:)

Machu

Machu said:

When news of a sequel first spilled, I was excited at the thought of MLaaK but with a dark castle n trimmings. I wasn't disappointed though, when I found out it was going in a completely different direction, as this looks really fun!
It shall accompany its predecessor quite nicely, and probably destroy as many points (think MLaaK robbed 2500 points off me total and I might be lying to myself there). Instant one for me.

Terra

Terra said:

EU gets all the good stuff first....
And to think, it used to be the other way round all the time (still is often). To see Europe get stuff first always puts a smile on my face

Rum_Rapture

Rum_Rapture said:

We don't always get the good stuff first. Liiike, we got Brawl 3 months after NA did. And Trauma Centre games come to our shores about a year after they hit there. And we don't have a release date for Excitebots. And we don't have Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World yet. Really, it evens out :P

(here, do staff members get a special golden badge next to their name now? Swish!)

Knux

Knux said:

Oh,this is just GREAT! You guys get Majora's Mask and Super Smash Bros. first! Now,you guys get this game first! DANG IT!!

Ricardo91

Ricardo91 said:

Oh well, as long as we get Cave Story next week (or failing that, the week after), you can keep your dang dark lords! ;)

Kirigirisu

Kirigirisu said:

Ah I'm excited about this, I loved the first game! Thankfully I'm back in the vicinity of my Wii a few days before it's released!

Knux

Knux said:

I am really looking forward to this game. It will be even better then MLAAK,which was one awesome game!

Cheezy

Cheezy said:

Uh-oh, you all know what that means...

We Americans get to wait a good whole month, YAAAAYYY!!!

Shortay

Shortay said:

I haven't downloaded MLAAK yet, but I may try this if it gets a good review.

Captain_Jack_Sparrow

Captain_Jack_Sparrow said:

@13.SuperSonic1990:

I know that sucks; NA always has to wait last! :(
But hey as soon as there's an official release date or when it comes out on an unexpected Monday...
Maybe then those whinny fan boys who keep predicting FFCC:MLADL over in the forums can uneventfully stop complaining about it! ;)

I'll wait for that day to come; you wait and see! ;)

ReZon

ReZon said:

Definitely will be a day-one download for me. I've got the points on the Wii already, waiting anxiously.

Objection

Objection said:

You guys must have stolen our First Bucket. Can we have it back so we can get games first again? kthankbai ;)

DreamWatcher

DreamWatcher said:

@malnin Not a great idea since he has Gregg on his side. ._.

Inany case, MLaaDL seems like a good one. If it's cheaper than MLaaK then I just may get it.

odd69

odd69 said:

so we might just be able to play this at the end of the month? that would be awesome.

MarkyVigoroth

MarkyVigoroth said:

Me, I wish I could play as the original Dark L__d, but I might download this game even if the old Dark L__d is absent.

Machu-san, I guess this game would be evil to your WP!

crossmr

crossmr said:

I'd be more interested in this if they didn't abandon my life as a king as soon as it was out the door. They basically set it up talked about DLC, then it became the neglected cousin we don't talk about.
I was expecting DLC released over months if not years, otherwise what is the point of just like 1 or 2 DLC releases around release time, then nothing else, ever.

MarkyVigoroth

MarkyVigoroth said:

Yes. I just do not like writing "Lord" if such does not refer to Jesus. Even if such is not a religious term, I just feel do not comfortable referring to "Lord" anyone who is not Jesus.

Golgo

Golgo said:

great. plants v zombies has got me in mood for some more tower defence. just hope squeenix dont dick us with price.

Kenji510

Kenji510 said:

When this comes and hits to the US im definitely gonna get this game, looks cool and fun. :D

NikeXTC

NikeXTC said:

Uhm... Where was the announcement made? I still see "Coming Soon" on the European game site. No clues even on Nintendo's or Square Enix's Home Pages...