Fan-made Mother 3 Handbook Freely Available To Read

Posted by Jon Wahlgren

It's all online, and it's all free.

Remember that fantastic fan-made Mother 3 guide a while back? Those of you with a marshmallow-soft spot for the series and $20 American to spare probably already have your copy sitting snugly on your shelf.

The rest of us? Well, we can now read and download it (legally!) for free. Score one for the cheap-o's!

It's a low-res version, but the entirety of the book can be viewed and, if you feel like doing it for each page, saved in JPEG-form. You obviously won't get the full feel of the real book, but if you're curious to see what it's all about then hit it up. And hey, if you like what you see, you can get a hi-res PDF version for $6 or the full-blown book experience for $20, or 600 and 2,000 Nintendo Points respectively.

[via kotaku.com, handbook.fangamer.com]

TheScarletWolf

TheScarletWolf said:

Ahh, seeing this makes me glad I still have my copy of Earthbound with the original guide that it came with. I would just sit back and read the articles in it when I was young. Great times indeed.

Slapshot

Slapshot said:

I have this game with the English translation....BUT the book is Beautiful with its hand made designs. Great way to spend 20 bucks.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

This is one of the nicest game guides I own. Worth every penny.

Metang

Metang said:

@Corbie, above post: Then I'm sold. But why can't they just release Mother 3 in the US already? (I know it's a GBA game, but if the DSi VC thing turns out to be true...)

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

I know, I'd love to see an official release, but it's not likely. Nintendo just doesn't feell Mother will be popular outside of Japan.

Metang

Metang said:

sigh... that saddens me deeply. That combined with the no EarthBound on VC thing.

Ricardo91

Ricardo91 said:

Wow you guys are slow. This came out, like, a year ago... :P

Why haven't I imported this game yet? :|

@Corbie. Nah, they just flat-out hate American Earthbound fans and want them to suffer. :P

Golgo

Golgo said:

Recently got hold of Mothers 1 through 3 on GBA, so might have to plump for this. Or learn Japanese.

SuperMichael64

SuperMichael64 said:

I recently went on vacation with my girlfriend and brought my copy of the Mother 3 handbook, sadly my wet bathing suit was put in the same bag as my Mother 3 handbook, thus... severe water damage, i got real teary eyed when i got home ;n;

Objection

Objection said:

@RIcardo_Yes the guide is like a year old. They're reporting that you can NOW download it for free, whih wasnt the case a year ago. Stop hating. ;)

JonWahlgrenAdmin

JonWahlgren said:

Earthbound is caught up in some music licensing quandry; Iwata, who helped develop the game and has declared his soft spot for it, doesn't want to change anything. Ergo, no VC release.