Bit Boy!! and Tales of Monkey Island Coming to North American on Monday

Posted by Corbie Dillard

Two WiiWare releases already confirmed for a Monday release.

Bernd Geiblinger has confirmed via the Bplus Forums that their newest WiiWare release Bit Boy!! is coming to the North American WiiWare service on Monday, July 13th.

Also confirmed for release by IGN this Monday is Telltales's Tales of Monkey Island EP 1: Launch of the Screaming Narwhal WiiWare title.

You can check out our Bit Boy!! review for our thoughts on the game and we'll have a full review of Tales of Monkey Island EP 1: Launch of the Screaming Narwhal early next week.

EDIT: The IGN release date for Tales of Monkey Island was incorrect. We apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused.

Related Games

Knux

Knux said:

It's about time!! Now Nintendo, release Super Smash Bros. tomorrow, and this will be a perfect update!

Captain_Jack_Sparrow

Captain_Jack_Sparrow said:

Why do I get the feeling that Nintendo will be STUPID AGAIN aand NOT release FREAKING SSB64?! Nintendo NEEDS to RELEASE SSB64; they've been pissing us fans off just because of it!!! >:(

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

The way it's looking, Cave Story will likely be a mid-late August release.

Kidpit

Kidpit said:

Launch of The Screaming Narwhal- Greatest episode title ever or THE greatest episode tile ever.

Cthuloops

Cthuloops said:

While I've been told that Monkey Island was a fantastic PC game, I'm not interested. Hopefully the VC has SOMETHING to please me, because Bit Boy!! doesn't interest me either.

Popyman

Popyman said:

YES! Monkey Island! The new series to a series I've always wanted to play!

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

Monkey Island! FINALLY, something I want to download! But I don't have 1000 points... :( I KNEW I shouldn't have downloaded Adventures of Lolo 2 on Friday... :P

Twilight_Crow

Twilight_Crow said:

Not interested, after reading some reviews and watching some videos, now I know I'm not interested in BitBoy!, it doesn't look THAT bad, but not that good either, I'd rather give Niki RnB a try. And about Tales of Monkey Island, it has never been my cup of tea, but I'm glad Telltales is still supporting wiiware with good games.

worrybomb

worrybomb said:

Alright, ToMI!!

I'll probably wait until I pick up the Monkey Island remake over at XBLA this Wednesday before I dip my points into Tales.

Well hopefully Bit Boy!! will be well received here but judging from some of the reviews, I'll be hesitant to fork over the points for it.

I really hope Cave Story gets release soon. It's hard saving my Wii Points for that game yet having no idea of a solid date.

Link79

Link79 said:

Oh boy Bit boy! The game that scored a 5/10. Can't wait. NOT!
Oh and some monkey game too. Yippie! Let me guess. This weeks VC game will be some peice of crap nobody remembers or cares about.

Objection

Objection said:

I predict SSB for Monday, 8/31. Why? Because its the day after my birthday and the first day of college so I would be unable to download and play it. Which I wouldn't anyway cuz I have it on N64. Plot twist!

accc

accc said:

Where did you see Tales of Monkey Island confirmed? You should list the source for this information.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

IGN listed Tales of Monkey Island as coming on Monday. Sorry.

jbrodack

jbrodack said:

I'm not too big on the idea of $10 for a fairly short "episode" of a game. Any other wiiware games possibly coming out? I'd like to see some japanese wiiware games brought here like escape virus, overturn, or even poles big adventure.

KnucklesSonic8

KnucklesSonic8 said:

@toddr: Next time, see the prediction threads on the forum. :)
But I'll just tell you. I'm predicting it's either Arkanoid Plus, Incoming, 5 Spots Party, Carnival King or Ant Nation. I might even add NyxQuest to that list but the others seem more likely. Who knows.

WarioFan63

WarioFan63 said:

Ah wait a sec here. Tales of Monkey Island is confirmed via IGN date guessing?

While I do think theres a good enough chance, that's not exactly too reliable. I remember a few instances last summer where they had a lot of upcoming WiiWare games with the next Monday's date stamped on it and more often then not it turned out to be wrong.

Besides, wouldn't Telltale tell us ahead of time like they did with Strong Bad?

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

I don't make up the news, I just report it. Truth is, we've had confirmations directly from developers and publishers that changed at the last minute, so I don't believe it until I see them on the Wii Shop channel. :D

Toddr

Toddr said:

@KS8

I really hope it's Arkanoid Plus. It had better be 600 points if it does come out, cause that's all I've got for some time.

KnucklesSonic8

KnucklesSonic8 said:

@WarioFan63: You're not wrong.

@Toddr: I'm sure it will be that very price. But honestly, the other titles I mentioned seem more likely especially given we just got Bust-A-Move Plus.

@TwilightV: What time would that be? It's 11:57PM over here.

timp29

timp29 said:

Interesting that Monkey Island is out so soon. I only heard about this game a week or two ago and suddenly it's hitting the shops... thats a surprise.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

forget SSB, I want pulseman. I'll actually be more upset if we get SSB 1st. I want a classic game I've actually never played before.

There is likely to be one more wiiware to round this out. Maybe NyxQuest or Driift Mania?

Brain Challenge is coming tomorrow for dsiware btw.

SSBFan_12

SSBFan_12 said:

Bit Boy!! Yes Monkey Island I will give it a try, I hope there will be a third WW game and if there is I think it will be 5 spot party. I hope so much we get SSB for VC tomarrow and for DSiware, It will probly be Brain Callenge and Art Style: Kubos

KnucklesSonic8

KnucklesSonic8 said:

Sure thing. Looking forward to your post about it on the forum. Can always count on you for that. :)

What I'm wondering though, is if Bit Boy will be 100 Points cheaper for us here and instead be priced at 500. Would be interesting.

WarioFan63

WarioFan63 said:

The approx time when the Nintendo Channel SECRETLY updates on Sunday Nights is like 3-4 AM Central.

Vendetta

Vendetta said:

I know I'm late to the party here, but I just wanted to tip my hat to Chicken Brutus for the (intentional!) stealth firstie! Well played, Chicken. ;) EDIT: I'll probably get BitBoy and wait on the Monkey Island review - I haven't paid any attention to that game so far.

WarioFan63

WarioFan63 said:

I couldn't find where it said it was coming out on 7/13 at Game Informer. Even so, I'd wager it was a guess like IGN. Even if it does end up being right, I'm willing to be they were still guesses.

@jangonov
It does, but it SECRETLY updates on Sunday Nights sometimes with whatever WiiWare and sometimes DSiWare are going to come out a few hours before the PR comes out.

SwerdMurd

SwerdMurd said:

I could have sworn the Cave-Story-mid-August thing has been well known for forever and a half now...yet every week someone publicly sighs.

KDR_11k

KDR_11k said:

Oh and some monkey game too. Yippie!

Everybody excuse me while I clobber that guy with the big book of gaming history...

jp-30

jp-30 said:

^ LOL, was thinking the same thing. To the uninitiated, it's a comedy pirate game, not a game about Monkeys.

Also, the subhead for this article is "Two WiiWare releases already confirmed", but I cannot see anything on IGN confirming (or even mentioning) Monkey Island episode 1 as being out tomorrow.

Is there a link to what is likely just IGN speculation?

Anyway I've finished teh PC version of Tales of Monkey Island (ep 1) and it is brilliant. And it's basically identical to the Wiiware version, though I guess the Wiiware one will be much more compressed (textures, audio) to fit the SD card outdated 40MB size limit.
limit. Review roundup here (PC version):

Chunky_Droid

Chunky_Droid said:

I can't believe the hate on Monkey Island, it's such an awesome series!

Can NOT wait for Monkey Island, for once I don't care what comes out on VC this week!

Syr

Syr said:

Well, Ant Nation is showing up on the Nintendo Channel. So I guess we know what three games are coming out.

Sneaker13

Sneaker13 said:

The PC version of Tales of Monkey Island was great. But the controls weren't that great. But I'm curious how it controls on the Wii.

Charlie_The_Unicorn

Charlie_The_Unicorn said:

Is Monkey Island a point and click game, like Strong Bad?

I am looking forward to this game, but I still dislike the idea of 5 episodes for 1,000pts each and over 300 blocks each.

Chunky_Droid

Chunky_Droid said:

CONFIRMED - IGN is still a totally unreliable source

3 WiiWare games and NONE of them are Monkey Island.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

Yep, sorry about that. I probably should take that with a grain of salt.

Chunky_Droid

Chunky_Droid said:

It's ok Corbs, next week you may need a headline like "Nintendo could be thinking about maybe considering the possibility of releasing Monkey Island this week or sometime in the future"

Then noone will whinge :P

Cheezy

Cheezy said:

This week was full of lies. I was also informed that Kubos would come out today on DSi, but that did not happen :(

Sneaker13

Sneaker13 said:

@Charlie The Unicorn - Tales of Monkey Island is an adventure, but not really point-and-click. In the PC version you have to click on items to interact with, but walking is with the keyboard (or a really stupid mouse interface).

Different from Strong Bad, Sam & Max and Wallace & Gromit is that the 5 episodes will be one big story instead of standalone episodes.