Top 20 WiiWare Games in USA (10th June)

Posted by Corbie Dillard

It's Wednesday again and time for the WiiWare Top 20!

It's time to take a look at the most popular WiiWare titles available on the Wii Shop Channel. If you're feeling adventurous you can even take a look for yourself by simply logging on to your Wii Shop Channel, heading into the WiiWare section and then viewing "Popular Games". It's that easy!

We compile this list using the USA region Wii Shop channel, so if you live elsewhere your list will probably be quite a bit different. Please feel free to post your region's findings below as always.

Keep in mind that the list below is a measure of actual sales made recently, not of the total time the game has been available for sale.

Here is the list for the 10th of June:

17 (16) - Mega Man 9
18 (20) - Bomberman Blast
19 (17) - Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King
20 (18) - Sandy Beach

* (N) - Denotes a brand new entry on the Top 20
* (--) - Denotes a game that was not on the Top 20 last week

Final Fantasy IV: The After Years continues it's strong stay at #1 with Bubble Bobble Plus settled in nicely at #2. Texas Hold'em Tournament has now taken its place in the top three, sending My Aquarium and World of Goo down another spot this week.

The biggest climber this week was Texas Hold'em Tournament, which jumped an unbelievable 16 places to #3. How's that for a jump? The big dropper this week was Silver Star Chess, which fell a meager three spots to #16.

We did see yet another first week entry on the chart with Swords & Soldiers debuting all the way up at #10 this week. Fish'em All wasn't able to crack the Top 20 this week, but we'll see how it does next week after it's had a full week of release. The new entry of Swords & Soldiers did knock Crystal Defenders R2 off the chart, but with the way things have been shaping up lately, it's got a good chance of popping back on the Top 20 again down the road.

On a side note, Bomberman Blast and Mega Man 9 continue to crawl their way back up the Top 20 and good old Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King is still holding on as well.

Djungelurban

Djungelurban said:

Swedish top 20:
(-) 1 - Final Fantasy IV: The After Years
(2) 2 - World Of Goo
(1) 3 - Swords & Soldiers
(3) 4 - Mega Man 9
(4) 5 - Onslaught
(6) 6 - Fun! Fun! Minigolf
(7) 7 - Texas Hold'em Tournament
(5) 8 - Bubble Bobble Plus!
(11) 9 - Tetris Party
(10) 10 - Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life As A King*
(9) 11 - My Aquarium
(18) 12 - Fish 'em All!
(8) 13 - Crystal Defenders R2
(15) 14 - Defend Your Castle
(13) 15 - My Pokémon Ranch
(12) 16 - Bit.Trip: Beat
(17) 17 - Bomberman Blast
(R) 18 - LostWinds*
(R) 19 - Dr. Mario & Germ Buster*
(16) 20 - Snowboard Riot

Linkuini

Linkuini said:

World of Goo got knocked down to number 5? I guess the sign painter was right: you can't stop progress.

greyelephant

greyelephant said:

Can't belive Aquarium is beating WOG.....what's this world coming to? Look at Swords and Soldiers already at 10. That's only going to continue to rise.

Terra

Terra said:

I can't believe Texas hold'em is beating WOG. That's just madness, although i guess the sales did have to die down at some point.

Curt

Curt said:

You say that Final Fantasy IV: The after years is still at the top as if it's been there for a while. It's only the second week.

Objection

Objection said:

Goo falls some more...along with FFCC:MLAAK. :( Weird seeing Texas up so high so fast! Hope Swords & Soldiers enjoys further success!

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

I'm brash that way. Plus on a chart that's been dominated by World of Goo, two weeks is a long time. :D

VALERHU

VALERHU said:

It was trying to download onto my computer, it didn't actually get on it though :P

KnucklesSonic8

KnucklesSonic8 said:

Texas Hold 'Em's success is amazing! That's really impressive. I bet that's reflected in the amount of people online too.

Kidpit

Kidpit said:

Wow Texas Hold 'Em really jumped up the chart. I guess people are getting ready for ESPN's coverage of the World Series of Poker by play some on WiiWare.

Bahamut_ZERO

Bahamut_ZERO said:

rubs eyes

Wait, is that Texas Hold Em' at number 2!? How did that happen! That jump appeared out of nowhere. I bet you're lying Corbie, to make us all cry at WoGs fall for making 7/10 jokes!

Neomega

Neomega said:

I agree with Bahamut ZERO!
Corbie is trying to feed his inner grim reaper with our tears!

On a side note I still haven't cave(d) {story} into world of goo yet.

Mike1

Mike1 said:

Nice to see World of Goo start falling down the list. I'm sick of seeing it at the top each and every week.

Rum_Rapture

11 (10) - BIT.TRIP BEAT
12 (11) - FUN! FUN! Minigolf
13 (N) - Fish'em All!
14 (20) - Tetris Party
15 (12) - The Incredible Maze
16 (14) - Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life As A King
17 (15) - Bubble Bobble Plus!
18 (17) - Equilibrio
19 (13) - TV Show King
20 (16) - Rainbow Islands Towering Adventure!

Up: Tetris Party is up 6, after almost falling off the charts...
Down: TV Show King took a hit of 6 spots.
Hello: The After Years, in at 2, and Fish'em All, after a slight delay, at 13.
Goodbye: CueSports and Snowboard Riot.

Egg_miester

Egg_miester said:

wow i never expected texas hold'em to get to 3 so many games are falling megaman i know you can make it higher

Djungelurban

Djungelurban said:

Seriously? Not even FFIV could best My Aquarium? The British sure loves their fishies... It's like you've got a fetish or something...

Sean_Aaron

11 (11) Hamekomi Lucky Puzzle Wii
12 (12) Rockman 9
13 (13) Final Fantasy: My Life as a King
14 (14) Arkanoid Plus!
15 (10) Contra ReBirth
16 (19) Dr. Mario and Germ Buster
17 (15) Blue Oasis (My Aquarium)
18 (18) Tetris Party
19 (17) Kodomo Kyouiku Terebi Wii Aiue Oochan
20 (20) 1 Batsuke! Dasshutsu Game * My Home Hen

Welcome: Okiraku Daifugoo
Ciao Bella: Art Style Series ORBITAL

jpfan1989

jpfan1989 said:

I fore see that FFCCMLAAK will drop off the US chart completely .. now that people finally have a real RPG

MickEiA

MickEiA said:

Texas hold em is extremly underrated game it's certanily not perfect but worthy a 7/10

KDR_11k

KDR_11k said:

People are surprised by the Texas Hold'Em jump? Haven't you guys paid attention to the European charts?

Anyway, on to the German charts...
(2) 1 My Aquarium
(14) 15 Snowboard Riot
(17) 16 Bubble Bobble Plus
(15) 17 Pop-Up Pirate
(19) 18 FFCCMLaaK
(18) 19 Bit Trip Beat
(20) 20 Cue Sports

My Aquarium reclaimed the top spot. FF4 goes straight to #4 and Fish 'em All finally appeared at #14. Crystal Defenders R2 and Defend Your Castle got wiped off the charts though.

With Onslaught dropping spots like that maybe it's finally time to release Water Warfare (I wonder if it's dropping because of waning interest or because of The Conduit).

Dawnclaude

Dawnclaude said:

What a disappointment for Square with Crystal Defenders , ok they have After Years now :)
Also a bit dissapointment with Swords & Soldiers in USA mabye because of After Years? Hope that will be better next week.

KeeperBvK

KeeperBvK said:

"On a side note, Bomberman Blast and Mega Man 9 continue to crawl their way back up the Top 20"

According to the list up there, Mega Man fell a spot.

Kevin

Kevin said:

World of Goo is finally out of the top 3. Now Mega Man 9 needs to get back up there. Its better than 90% of the games on the list.

Crazed

Crazed said:

My predictions for the charts go as follows...
1) FFIV:TAY, BB+, Hold'em, and S&S (won't predict order) will make a new TOP 4 (as in they're going to stay around forever.)
2) Eduardo and Bit.Trip will be on the list next week.
3) Either Sandy Beach, MLAAK, and/or SS Chess will drop out for Eduardo and Bit. Trip

Personally, it's more fun to watch these lists if I make predictions. That way I don't just stare blankly at the list and not notice the changes.