Swords & Soldiers Out in North America Next Monday

Posted by Marcel van Duyn

WiiWare's first RTS game finally hits American shores in a few days.

Ronimo Games has announced that Swords & Soldiers will be released in North America on June 8th. That's next week!

Although you probably already know by now, Swords & Soldiers is the first RTS (Real-time strategy) game to be released on WiiWare. It's also a 2D sidescroller instead of featuring an overhead map like most RTS games - This makes it a lot more simple to learn, but it's still hard to master. You can play as three completely different factions, each with their very own unique units, constructions and spells, as you try to beat each of their campaigns or play their special minigames. As the game has already been out in Europe for a while, naturally, we've already reviewed it. We think it's one of the best WiiWare games yet, so you're in for a treat!

This means it's the second week in a row that we already know of two or more games being released - Yesterday, at E3, Nintendo announced that Mario Vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again!, for DSiWare, would be released next Monday as well. What else will be released?

thewiirocks

thewiirocks said:

Urk! Swords & Soldiers AND Mario vs. Donkey Kong? Is Nintendo trying to bankrupt me? I still haven't gotten Adventure Island! Help! I'm drowning in good games! glup glup glup :P

siavm

siavm said:

I was going to get mario vs. dk, now this is coming too. I don't know if I have enough to get both.

Chona

Chona said:

Ups... I have to buy more wii points card (because in my f**king country i cant use a credit card, that sucks a lot!)

SilentJ

SilentJ said:

Why couldn't this come out a couple weeks ago? I reset my router and have not been able to connect to the internet with my Wii since. I have no idea why it won't connect. All the settings are the same and I get internet on everything else. Now that this if finally coming out I won't be able to buy it.

Objection

Objection said:

YES!! Finally! I am SO downloading this on day one! Let's all do our best to unlock all those achievements posthaste and get our goodie bags~!

KnucklesSonic8

KnucklesSonic8 said:

Oh now it comes when I only have 800 Points. :P
Oh well, either way, Monday looks like it's gonna be a great update. I'm just hoping there will be a good VC game too.

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

YES!!! FINALLY!!! This is the news I've been waiting for! I got my Wii points ready to go! Now if this trend of good games continues maybe we'll be getting Cave Story really soon too!:)

Atlantis1982

Atlantis1982 said:

This is going to be a good Monday for a bunch of you, but again I don't own a DSi for Mario/DK and I have no interest in this game. Why do I have to be so damn picky with these releases. :|

motang

motang said:

Crap it's the same day as the Mario vs Donkey Kong DSiware game...can't choose! I guess I will go with Sword & Soldiers as I have been waiting for that game to come out.

odd69

odd69 said:

i am probally going to buy this.it's unique and looks great. i wonder if it will be over 1000 wii points?

Atlantis1982

Atlantis1982 said:

@odd69

You do realize NintendoLife does post out the price tag (located at top) of announced/released prices of each game, but who knows we did got Bubble Bobble Plus for cheaper.

Haze4peace

Haze4peace said:

This is a fantastic game. You can't go wrong buying it. On a tangent thought, whatever happened to cave story?

Twilight_Crow

Twilight_Crow said:

I'm saving my points for Cave Story (it has to finally come out this month dammit), but I'm glad for everyone else ;), I may get it later on thou.

Ferret75

Ferret75 said:

Too bad I'm sending my Wii in for repairs soon. x.x

Anyways, nice to see more announcements being made.