Sin & Punishment 2 E3 Trailer

Posted by Corbie Dillard

Sin & Punishment sequel really shaping up!

For you Sin & Punishment fans out there, we just got our hands on the brand new E3 trailer for the upcoming Wii sequel Sin & Punishment 2.

Here's a snippet from the official press release that accompanied the trailer.

Players engage in nonstop shooter action as they're propelled through this run-and-gun style game. Isa and Kachi are being hunted. They go on the run and on the defensive, shooting everything in sight. Sin & Punishment 2 is the long-awaited sequel to the Japanese Nintendo 64 cult-classic shooter. It brings a frantic arcade sensibility to a post-apocalyptic world. Fans who can't wait for the sequel can replay the original game by downloading it from the Virtual Console section of the Wii Shop Channel.

FEATURES:

• Players can run on foot or take to the skies with a jetpack or hovering skateboard-like device to dodge enemy attacks or get a better lock on their targets.
  • Players can fire at targets in the distance or switch to sword attacks for close-range targets.
  • The Wii Remote controller's pointing ability is used to aim weapons, while the Nunchuk controller is used for positioning and maneuvering.
  • Numerous settings include beautifully rendered cityscapes and dramatic underwater tunnels, all populated by fierce enemies.
  • It's all about the multiplier. The better a player's skills, the more points are earned, and the bigger the bonus. Players will want to play the game again and again to beat their personal best on each level. The better the performance, the bigger the multiplier and the higher the final score.

As you can see in the E3 trailer below, all of the traditional action is back and it looks as intense as ever.

We'll have more information on Sin & Punishment 2 as it becomes available. The game is set to debut on the Wii console sometime in 2010. The grueling wait continues...

[via youtube.com]

Atlantis1982

Atlantis1982 said:

Again, I can't stress how I am pleased more titles are hitting 2010. Now I might not feel overwhelmed now that I can go purchase Wii Sports Resort, Rabbids Go Home, and Red Steel 2 for 2009.

DamoAdmin

Damo said:

This looks amazing and I loved the original, but what the heck is going on with the lead character models? They look like something out of a Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles game. The art style of the first game was so perfect, it's a real shame they had to mess about with it here.

Still, this is a must-play.

Adam

Adam said:

Beautiful. I thought it was supposed to come out this year... oh well. :(

ToneDeath

ToneDeath said:

@Damo: My thoughts exactly. I'm sure it will be awesome, but by Treasure's standards I have to say the visuals look a little bland.

KoKoO_Psy

KoKoO_Psy said:

Wait, Kids, with swords and guns, killing stuff. HELL YEAH!
I love Treasure so much.

wanderlustwarrior

wanderlustwarrior said:

I'll get over the look of the characters so that I can shoot down giant enemy robot crabs, and flying robot sperms.

I should probably finish the first game

ASDFGHJKL

ASDFGHJKL said:

No matter what you say, Nintendo won E3 for me. 4 Mario games was enough. This looks amazing and so does metroid. Plus so much more. Sonys was OK and Microsoft was good except for the creepy and disturbing part. Hi Milo! :P

Hawker

Hawker said:

@ GabeGreens, I agree with you. for the most part the only thing microsoft announced that actually had my attention was Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, which will be on PC & PS3 also so I still don't have a real reason to get an xbox360. I just find it funny how Nintendo finally gave all the crybabies on the net what they've been screaming for, & their still throwing a fit that Nintendo don't care about Hardcore gamers. Some people really need to grow up & get over themselves.

astarisborn94

astarisborn94 said:

Reply to Hawker post #16: Your right. most of the hardcore gamers are never apperatice anything. This is not geared towards any Nintendo Life members, but people who don't go to Nintendo Life.

Anyway, this game will be epic win.

MrPinguy

MrPinguy said:

Wow being a big fan of the 1º one, i really want this one now O_O

Isa and Kachi are being hunted
Isa hum? so we really play as Saki's and Airan's son...
I Wonder what Achi have planned for him...

Terra

Terra said:

I have complete faith in Treasure pulling this off well, I just hope this one lasts longer than an hour or two.

Noire

Noire said:

Sin and Punishment 2 looks absolutely amazing. The original has become my most played VC game, so I'm very excited to see what Treasure does with this. Hopefully a real multiplayer mode is included and the game is longer, but other than that, this looks awesome.

RevolverLink

RevolverLink said:

I've been meaning to get back to the original game. I really enjoyed it when I played it, but I never actually finished it.

Crazed

Crazed said:

I've been so excited about this, I got Sin & Punishment for VC. Hopefully the controls will be a bit better.