Red Steel 2 To Be Bundled With Wii MotionPlus

Posted by Damien McFerran

Yet another non-Nintendo release gets the WMP pack-in treatment, plus more story details are revealed

A while back, Ubisoft dropped the bombshell that its upcoming Wii title Red Steel 2 would require the Wii MotionPlus to play. It was a risky statement, as sales of the game would depend on how well the new accessory sold.

However, Ubisoft has today confirmed that the game will be bundled with Wii MotionPlus, making it yet another third party title to be paired with the innovative new Wii Remote enhancement.

"When we received advance prototype versions of the Wii MotionPlus, and took some time to see what it could do, we realised that it was the solution we had needed to make the new style of gameplay we had been experimenting with work" said creative director Jason Vandenberghe, who was speaking at Ubisoft's E3 press conference.

Details on the game's setting have also been revealed; it takes place in a fictional version of the Nevada desert, and, as the early artwork seemed to prove, is a strange mixture of eastern mythology and the American Wild West.

We've got something very special lined up relating to Red Steel 2, so keep your eyes on the site...

[via eurogamer.net]

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

Ubisoft had a nice presentation. Although I was hoping to see a Rayman 4 announced. Ah well, more Rabbids. But Avatar looks sweet!

Chatham

Chatham said:

Wow, I guess every title I buy from now on will be force-bundles with these until I have as many as I do Wii-condoms.

BTW: This was a mandatory measure from Nintendo to bundle it. If the game cannot support regular waggle, Nintendo would not allow it to ship without the proper peripheral.

Kirk

Kirk said:

There needs to be both options, for people who do or do not have M+ already.

Having just one or the other does not good business sense so I hope they offer both options.

valleyoftheunos

valleyoftheunos said:

There is a long gameplay vid over on IGN and it looks like it could be excellent, very positive comments from the hands on too. betwen this and no more heroes 2 we may spoiled for stylistic sword fighters on Wii, no bad thing in my book.

MayhemStaff

Mayhem said:

I agree with Kirk. Otherwise I am likely to end up with more add-ons that I actually need!

Ridien

Ridien said:

@Chatham:

I don't know... Back in the day, Majora's Mask shipped without the expansion pack, and it was required.

MAXIMUS

MAXIMUS said:

The game looks much better than the first one. Not owning a Motion+ device would deter someone from giving the title a try. Now it becomes a win-win just like it did for Wii Play.

Phoenixus

Phoenixus said:

@Mayhem
All you'd need to do then is just sell your spare M+ units on, t'would get more of them into the market, more people would have them, so more M+-enabled games would appear for a ready and waiting audience. Everyone wins, and you get a little money back. :D

motang

motang said:

I hope I can buy it w/o Motion Plus as I will have it by the time Red Steel 2 comes out. ;)

astarisborn94

astarisborn94 said:

Good thinking Ubisoft! Since this is one of the first WiiMotionPlus games that requires it, like the first game, it'll sell like hotcakes.

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

Of course if people buy enough bundled games, then the issue of buying separate Motion+ units becomes a moot point, doesn't it?