New Super Mario Bros. Wii E3 Trailer
Posted by Corbie Dillard
Check out the New Super Mario Bros. Wii title in action!
We got a look at the upcoming New Super Mario Bros. Wii title during Nintendo's E3 Press conference this morning and it looked fantastic.
The game will support up to four players playing the game at one time and has a very similar look to the DS New Super Mario Bros. release.
Below is the official E3 trailer showing the game in action and here's also a snippet of the press release that accompanied the video.
Developers at Nintendo have dreamed of creating a simultaneous multiplayer Super Mario Bros. game for decades. The Wii console finally makes that dream come true for everyone this holiday season. Now players can navigate the side-scrolling worlds alone as before or invite up to three others to join them at the same time on the same level at any point in the game for competitive and cooperative multiplayer fun in New Super Mario Bros. Wii. With the multiplayer mode, the newest installment of the most popular video game franchise is designed to bring yet another type of family entertainment into living rooms and engage groups of friends in fast-paced Super Mario Bros. fun.
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii offers a combination of cooperation and competition. Players can pick each other up to save them from danger or toss them into it.
- Mario, Luigi, and two Toads are all playable characters, while many others from the Mushroom Kingdom make appearances throughout the game. Players can even ride different Yoshi characters and use their tongues to swallow enemies - or their fellow players.
- In some areas, players use the motion abilities of the Wii Remote controller. The first player to reach a seesaw might make it tilt to help his or her character reach a higher platform - and then tilt it incorrectly just to mess with other players.
- New items include the propellor suit, which will shoot players high into the sky with just a shake of the Wii Remote and Mario's new ability to transform into Penguin Mario.
- At the end of each stage during the simultaneous multiplayer mode, players are ranked based on their score, coins collected and the number of enemies defeated.
We'll have more information on New Super Mario Bros. Wii as it becomes available, as well as a full review of the game when the it's released later this year.