Muramasa: The Demon Blade gets revised European release date

Posted by Christopher Clark

Rising Star Games bumps up the release schedule for their Wii-exclusive 2D action-RPG.

Publisher Rising Star Games has revised the release schedule for Vanillaware's stunning 2D action-RPG Muramasa: The Demon Blade, bumping the game from the previously reported timeframe of "Spring 2010" to "Winter 2009".

Presumably the game's schedule has been moved forward due to the publishing and localisation commitments in North America changing hands from XSEED Games to Ignition Entertainment some months back. If so, that seems to suggest that Rising Star Games' European release will contain the same subtitles-only translation as the North American release. Then again, that's probably for the best.

For more news, previews and reviews on all things Muramasa, stay tuned to Nintendo Life!

[via risingstargames.com]

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

The more I see of this game, the more I want to play it.

DazzaAdmin

Dazza said:

This does look amazing, I am so pleased it is being localised. Winter 09 suits me fine :-p

greyelephant

greyelephant said:

Yes, this game looks amazing. I watched several trailers of it during E3 and was nothing short of impressed.

Bahamut_ZERO

Bahamut_ZERO said:

All right, but now there are too many guess I need to buy for Christmas. But who cares, this is definitely at the top of my list.

I just hope the economy didn't hit Santa too hard ;)

VALERHU

VALERHU said:

The story is incredibly hooking. :p

I'll write the captions -

Princess Momohime leapt in front of a sword strike meant for another, and awakened at the gates of hell with no apparent wounds. She initially assumed herself dead, but the blade that struck her was one of muamasa's nastier creations, and death would be a far gentler fate than the one that awaits her...

Rum_Rapture

Rum_Rapture said:

HOORAY. Really, the 2010 release date they had before was ridiculous. With any luck my Christmas will be filled with Muramasa and New Super Mario Bros goodness.

Starwolf_UK

Starwolf_UK said:

I knew this a few weeks ago (they had the TGS 2008 demo down at the London Expo) but it is nice to have official confirmation.

I do have to wonder if Ignition picking up the localisation changed the timeframe in any way (though to be fair with Rising Star the bulk of their wokr is the non-English...probably using Japanese as the base language)

DreamWatcher

DreamWatcher said:

I'm really looking forward to this game. I may just hold off on VC/WiiWare games for awhile until I get this.

@ mastersworddude Actually, even English dubbing can be done well if the voices are just right. Odin Sphere, one of Vanillaware's previous titles, had excellent voice acting imo. It also had a lovely opening theme that was soothing to the player.

TheScarletWolf

TheScarletWolf said:

@TwilightWatcher - One arguement I heard and agree with is mainly the setting of the games. Odin Sphere is based on the legends of the West while Muramasa is of legends of the East. This may prove to be a good thing with keeping that feel with the voices in Japanese to keep the artistic feel of Eastern legend. But to me, I'd rather have a good, fun game then worry about what the voice acting I am listening to, but I'm one to watch subs for animes rather then dubs so I'm not a good source to ask about this.

Objection

Objection said:

I don't want to start a subbed Vs. dubbed fight, but I hope they reconsider and have an English dub available. Perhaps the player could choose between the two in the options menu?

Crazed

Crazed said:

I think this is true, if not later, than the Americans. This is off Casey Loe's article of Muramasa in V. 243 of Nintendo Power (it says July 2009 edition, but I think their dating system is off.)

"...And it's a happy ending for Western Wii console owners, who will get to play Muramasa: The Demon Blade as soon as September of this year-quite a bit sooner than the title's originally planned 2010 release date."

I'm not sure if this means that it comes out in September or that it could come out any time during or after September (or if any of this information is credible, since I don't know people's opinion of NP), but what is a fact is that the 2010 release date is also bumped up for America as well.

motang

motang said:

This game looks so good...I played the last two games from Vanillaware, can't wait for it come out! :D

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

I normally don't want dubbing, but the dub for Tenchu Shadow Assassins is really nice, so I think it's possible to do it well.

In this case given the likely inclusion of several languages a subtitle is possibly an easier/cheaper solution. I cannot say I'm bothered either way.