Konami Confirms Zephyr: Rise Of The Elements For Wii

Posted by Damien McFerran

Rip up the landscape as an element of destruction

Konami has confirmed that Zephyr: Rise of the Elements is coming to Nintendo's Wii console

The game places you in the shoes (assuming they have shoes) of a tornado, with the ultimate objective being to cause as much carnage as possible to the surrounding location.

The game takes place over 11 levels and promises a co-op mode where you and a friend can team up to really inflict some pain.

The game is also coming out on Microsoft's Xbox 360 and the Sony's Playstation 3 console, and is being developed by Loose Cannon, a team made up of ex-Sucker Punch staffers.

[via konami.com]

Objection

Objection said:

Zephyr, a fancy word for a wind, no? Could be interesting, as long as its better than that tornado cellphone game.

longtimegamer

longtimegamer said:

I thought this said you were a TOMATO and your goal was to create as much carnage as possible. Heh.

Golgo

Golgo said:

Is this the first in a series of natural-disaster-em-ups?
Can I trademark 'Tsunami: Catch The Wave!'

Gizmo

Gizmo said:

Mmh, it is interesting to see how the physics from the Wii version will be in comparison to the other versions.

Ricardo91

Ricardo91 said:

A game about destroying as much real estate as possible as a tornado, and that's being developed by people who worked on the Sly games?
I'm in.

Pahvi

Pahvi said:

The setup reminds me a bit of "I Was an Atomic Mutant" (PC) which got boring rather quickly. Hopefully this game won't be suffer from the same flaw.

KDR_11k

KDR_11k said:

Well, I was thinking Elements of Destruction (there's an XBLA game and a DS game of that name but while they have a similar plot they play completely different)

Crazed

Crazed said:

I'm still skeptical about this one. There is already a tornado based game (Tornado) on the DS, and that was only average. Although Zepher (sweet name, by the way) somewhat feels like Katamari, I got bored of the demo of Katamari, and Tornado suffered from the same boredom problems, so...pass for now, but if new info intrigues me, I could change my mind.