Hudson Releasing Water Warfare, SimEarth and Sudoku 50! For Beginners This Friday

Posted by Marcel van Duyn

The first family-friendly FPS, a planet-maintaining game and more sudoku puzzles will be available on Friday.

Hudson has announced the release of three new downloadable games in Europe this Friday.

Water Warfare was released in Japan only yesterday, so you'll have a chance to jump in before the Japanese players get too much practice and crush us all online! The game is exclusively based around the one thing Hudson's previous FPS, Onslaught, did not have - An online deathmatch mode. It's the very first family-friendly FPS - You don't kill anyone, instead, you try to drench them with water by using various waterguns and balloons! If your T-shirt is completely wet you'll pass out and have to wait to respawn, but you can try to dry it by grabbing towels. There's a variety of other gameplay modes as well, including a capture the flag mode which has treasure chests instead of flags. Water Warfare will cost 800 Wii Points.

Sudoku 50! For Beginners is a set of 50 Sudoku puzzles - If that sounds familiar it's because its "bigger brother", Sudoku 150! For Challengers was already released two weeks ago. This might be a good pick if you've never played Sudoku before and suspect you'll be terrible at it, but for anybody experienced, 150 will probably remain the best choice. You can read our review of 150 for an idea of what to expect. Sudoku 50 will cost 200 DSi Points.

Already announced last week is the release of SimEarth: The Living Planet, which doesn't really come as much of a surprise, as North America got it Monday! If you like your simulation games complicated then this is perfect for you - Anybody else might want to reconsider, as our review will tell you.

There's also rumours Puzzle Bobble Plus! will be released, as some people have seen its image coming by on the Wii Shop's "new releases ticker". If that's true then this will be a fairly good update, we think!

Related Games

Atlantis1982

Atlantis1982 said:

Nice release drop for Europe, but that is because I am rather partial toward Water Warfare.

TwilightV

TwilightV said:

Hope they release it in the US sooner than the other games they've released...

Wiiperson11

Wiiperson11 said:

Yes im going to download Water Warfare!
IT IS SO F R E A K I N A W E S O M E! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

Ahem: WHAT'SUPWITHNOEWHERESMYVCA/N64/SNES/NESUPDATE!!!!

Anyway, I get to keep my points for another week!

Djungelurban

Djungelurban said:

I guess it's good, atleast if Puzzle Bobble Plus! drops too but I already have Puzzle Bobble 2 which is supposed to be the best one so I'm good. Still no Gradius though... Grrrr...

KDR_11k

KDR_11k said:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Heh, we don't get The Conduit this week but we get Water Warfare... I wonder how WW will fare though, on one hand the theme's an advantage for younger players and the family demographic, on the other hand the traditional FPS audience might not like it (then again you've probably already decided not to worry too much about that when you decided to buy a Wii...). Also it's going up against fairly strong competition with Icarian just having stormed the charts.

I recall hearing summery games sell better in the winter though...

Rum_Rapture

Rum_Rapture said:

@Omega: It still might, but it's not being published by Hudson, so they wouldn't have been announcing its release. So we might get another unannounced title or two as well as these three this Friday!

Toddr

Toddr said:

@KDR_11k "I recall hearing summery games sell better in the winter though..."

I've heard that too. A good example would be We Ski and Snowboard which came out around April.

Omega

Omega said:

@ Rum Rapture: Ah okay, that's good to hear. I first thought that this would be the only ones for this friday. I'll keep my fingers crossed, that LIT finally comes out.

TheEmulationZones

TheEmulationZones said:

Waaat?!! Sudoku 50?! I Dident Even Play The 150 And I Bought It 2 Weeks Ago, Ugh Failed Update, Though Pretty Soon You Guys Know It!

xesbeth

xesbeth said:

meh....maybe puzzle bubble plus is a good one, wait for the review, if it's come in europe.

Starwolf_UK

Starwolf_UK said:

It'll be interesting to hear which is better out of Onslaught and Water Warfare though I guess both have thier niche.

-TR

-TR said:

Bah, don't care. I'm downloading S&S and I:KS tonight. :D That should keep me happy.

jhuhn

jhuhn said:

Nintendo Download title: For Puzzled beginners, there's water water everywhere on this altered planet.

Kawaiipikachu

Kawaiipikachu said:

Oh rats i don't have enouth points in my Account & my money is preoccupied for the next few weeks so i can't afford the next batch of points cards .
Anybody got some spare points cards for me .

Jolted85

Jolted85 said:

I just got SimEarth earlier, if you like the Sim games you'll like SimEarth, Water Warfare does sound interesting, but the Japanese title for it is different Bang Bang Kids sounds like some kind of broadway show lol