Bplus Announces Bit Boy!!

Posted by Corbie Dillard

Are you ready to get Bit?

Bplus has just sent out an official press release announcing their brand new WiiWare title Bit Boy!!. You'll get to take control of Kubi as he traverses through the various generations of video games in an attempt to rescue his fellow pixel pals.

Below is the official press release which gives some more information and insight into this new WiiWare release. You can also check out the teaser image that accompanied the press release below as well.

Bplus, independent software developer, creator of Niki – Rock 'n' Ball, PLÄTTCHEN – twist 'n' paint and Vektor Tank, today officially announces Bit Boy!!, a brand-new title for WiiWare™, the downloadable game service for Wii™.

Bit Boy!!, is a totally new kind of game mix in which one-pixel-hero Kubi rushes through the whole history of videogames in order to save his pixel pals.

Players accompany Kubi in this totally crazy-pixellated retro journey and battle hordes of nasty monsters in:

• 4-bit dungeons
  • 8-bit caves
  • 16-bit strongholds
  • 32-bit mazes
  • 64-bit arenas
  • 128-bit worlds

Bernd Geiblinger, Art Director of Bplus, says:
"Everyone knows that Bplus really is a crazy company. We lifted up a gearwheel to the top of evolution and let it fight against evil Plättchen 6 billion years in the future. We transformed a boy into a ball, only to let him become a rock to stand up against metal crabs and flying trees. With Bit Boy!!, we created a fantastic new arcade adventure that is delivered together with all its never-before-seen prequels from the different videogame eras. From ages 14 to 40, each Bit Generation will spark true retro feelings in all players when they set off in the ultimate pursuit of fruits and highscores."

Players can grab a pal for even more fun in the cooperative mode.

The Wii Remote is your joystick – the arcade adventure begins.

Key Facts:

Genre: Arcade Action
Platform: WiiWare™

Developer: Bplus

Players: 1 or 2 Player cooperative

Control Style: Wii Remote™ - +Control Pad Style or Joystick Style

Presentation: Retro graphics from all eras of videogame history

Video Modes: 480p, 16:9 widescreen

Release Date: tba

We'll have more information on Bit Boy!! as it becomes available, as well as a full review of the game when it hits the WiiWare service.

Untitled

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

I agree. I'm really looking forward to this one. Even the concept sounds cool.

NikeXTC

NikeXTC said:

The idea is nice, but I'm waiting for gameplay details to see if this game may interest me...

MayhemStaff

Mayhem said:

Interesting concept... like Retro Game Challenge but across the full range of eras. Has promise...

DazzaAdmin

Dazza said:

Anything that gives a nod to retro gets my attention. It's true I haven't been the biggest Bplus fan in the past, but this could be the game to win me around. W00t

GamerZack7

GamerZack7 said:

This looks GREAT! :D

It seems as though each Gen gets a number of stages...wouldn't THAT be a treat? :)

Ian_Daemon

Ian_Daemon said:

Bplus is good at advertising and generating interest in their games. Making the games...not so good.

NintendoNaut

NintendoNaut said:

I'm interested at the game itself but "use the Wiimote as your joystick" scares me. I don't want to be playing by holding a Wiimote upright.

metakirbyknight

metakirbyknight said:

@ 19. Nintendo-Naut

I really like it, I hold the WiiMote as a joystick and move forwards, back, left, or right. Now it would be really cool if we say an arcade stick peripheral.

Objection

Objection said:

Its a neat idea but of course it all comes down to if the gameplay is good or not.

Twilight_Crow

Twilight_Crow said:

The concept is good, but if they manage to get the wrong gameplay for even one of the bit generations it'll fail, so I'll wait for some gamplay.

Jiisuki

Jiisuki said:

I think 4- and 8-bit looks cool. 16-bit doesn't look like 16-bit for me, and I just hate BPlus 3D-stuff.. But I will keep an eye open :)

Ricardo91

Ricardo91 said:

This is a REALLY cool concept! Could this be the game that will finally redeem BPlus? :o

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Retro is cool, but I need to know aout the substance of the game. I'm interested a tad at the mo, but that's all.

Jazzem

Jazzem said:

This is a great idea, though a purchase will pend on reviews. I'm hoping most of the playtime is on the 16-bit part myself ;)

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

What is 4-bit, though? I'm pretty sure the minimum word length in machine code is 8 bits, though I know many people don't accept the fact that both the Atari VCS and NES were 8-bit systems...

jpfan1989

jpfan1989 said:

4bit, 8bit, 16bit, 32bit, 64bit and 128bit.... suspicious!!!
Is it coincidence that (4) x2= (8) x2= (16) x2= (32) x2= (64) x2= (128)?
I THINK NOT!!! there is definitely something going down! Bplus is up to somthing... evil ....I'm watching youuuuuu!

LittleIrves

LittleIrves said:

I'm cautiously optimistic.... Love the idea, but I'm with all those here who need some gameplay details before jumping on the BPlus bandwagon.
(Though at first, I thought this might be another Bit.Trip game and then was disappointed... more Gaijin games, please)