Cosmonaut Games has just announced that they are bringing a game called 5 Spots Party to Nintendo's WiiWare service.
The basic premise of the game is spotting differences between various photos. You've likely seen these challenges in various magazines over the years, but this time the game can even be played with up to four other players in a competitive fashion.
The game is already finished and awaiting approval and release by Nintendo, so it's likely not too far off. Below is a copy of the official press release, along with the official gameplay trailer.
5 Spots Party is the first development by CosmonautGames, which will initially be distributed exclusively through Nintendo's WiiWare service.
5 Spots Party is based on a successful "Casual" game that reached number 1 in sales for three weeks on the RealArcade game site. This development for Nintendo has placed special emphasis on playability through the Wii Remote, and a special mode was added for this platform that enables up to 4 players to compete.
The game is based on the popular pastime of finding differences between two photos. There are three different modes and different playing options for one or more players.
The following playing modes are available:
SUPER FUN CLASSIC
1 Player: The game consists in finding 5 differences between two photos in the allotted amount of time. To do so, the Wii Remote pointer is used to select the mistakes. Each time a pair of photos is completed, the player goes on to the next level. Each level is more complicated than the last, since there is less time given to complete it. The player is given 5 wild cards that help complete the level. The player is rewarded with additional wilds cards after a certain number of levels.
2, 3 and 4 Players (Party): The game consists in finding 5 differences between two photos before the rest of the players in the game. This mode has several levels, and the player who finds the most number of differences wins.
FIND THE MONKEY
1 Player: Unlike the previous mode, in this game there is just one photo that contains different images of hidden or camouflaged monkeys. The game consists in finding 5 monkeys in each photo to go on to the next level. Once again, time regulates the difficulty of the game, and it is shorter with each new level.
2, 3 and 4 Players (Party): The game consists in finding 5 pictures of monkeys before the rest of the players. The player who finds more monkeys than the rest of the opponents throughout a series of levels wins.
The leisure mode is only available for one player and it is based on the Super Fun Classic, but without the time limit for finding the five differences. In this mode, the player can play short games (there are just 5 levels) and try to beat the highest scores in the record table.
The most relevant game features, which make 5 Spots Party so exceptional and addictive, are the following:
- For All Ages. Everyone can play. It is fun to play alone or in a group.
- Fun Photos. The photos are funny and varied, and the players can enjoy their content.
- Surprising mistakes. We have worked with over 6 different types of errors (shape, size, colour, arrangement, existence and distortion), and we have designed different difficulties. Many of the mistakes used boost the original photo.
- Number of Photos. The game consists of over 300 photographs of different subjects and types. From landscapes to drawings, as well as everyday shapes or scenes, the variety of the subjects has been a key point in the development of the game.
- Number of Mistakes. We have worked very hard to ensure a very long playing time and with very little repetition. To do so, we created special algorithms that make it nearly impossible to repeat the same differences in the same photo. The game includes 333 photos and, although we show just 5 differences in each one, internally we have developed up to 10 different mistakes that are displayed on-screen in very different ways.
- Simplicity. The player controls the game in just a few seconds. We have also designed a variety of features to boost playability. For example, the mistakes can be selected in either the left or right photo, the double cursor was enabled to make it easier to highlight the mistakes, and player aids have been implemented, such as controller vibration when the players are near mistakes.
We'll have more information on 5 Spots Party as it becomes available, as well as a full review of the game when it hits the WiiWare service.