XSeed Picks Up Fragile For US Release

Posted by Jon Wahlgren

Post-apocalyptic adventure game slated for this winter.

Well, it wasn't looking very good for a while there, with Namco Bandai saying plans for a stateside release were nonexistant, but Fragile: Farewell Ruins of the Moon has now been confirmed for a US release courtesy of XSeed Games.

Jun Iwasaki, president of XSeed, told IGN:

We have received countless requests from eager gamers pleading with us to publish this title, and it gives us great joy to be able to give the public what they want while being able to work on such a great game.

Fragile, developed by tri-Crescendo, takes place in a post-apocalyptic world where you play a young boy named Seto, possibly one of the last people on the planet. He meets another survivor named Ren, and when the two are separated Seto embarks with his flashlight on a quest to find her.

XSeed hopes to have the game out in North America this winter sometime.

[via wii.ign.com]

Ricardo91

Ricardo91 said:

Alright! Now all they need to do is bring that dogfighting game Project Aces is making and Xseed will officially be my favorite publisher! :D

EDIT: Sky Crawlers: Innocent Aces! That's the one!

Hardy83

Hardy83 said:

I was depressed when I heard about Disaster Day of Crisis and Fatal Frame 4.

I expected this game to get the same fate and was ready to in my mind jump out a window... But Xseed has saved my imaginary death!

I LOVE YOU!

UVERoo

UVERoo said:

I got the Japanese copy and its played pretty good but was too heavy on the Japanese text and story so stopped playing.

Glad its coming to NA and will buy this as soon as I can. Man I cannot wait and glad they're trying to keep the Japanese audio track. Its not really an RPG people. So be prepared its a really unique adventure game. Its fun and a different experience. I cannot wait to finish this.

blockhead

blockhead said:

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

XSEED and Atlus are my two favorite publishers! Also, I second that vote for localization of Retro Games Challenge 2! I really hope that it does happen!

Popyman

Popyman said:

YES! XSEED are on their way to becomeing a seconed Atlus (if they aren't already)! Lets hope Bamco lets them keep the Japanese lyrics in the opening...

This is going to be a great Birthday this year!

Objection

Objection said:

I hope they keep the full title. Usually I hate subtitles but Farewell Ruins of the Moon is so epic and BA.

RevolverLink

RevolverLink said:

I'm so glad XSEED are bringing this one over, I've really been intrigued about it for the last five months or so. Day one for me.

SwerdMurd

SwerdMurd said:

Support Xseed....they made Retro Gaming Challenge, which essentially makes them hybrid Jesus Christs-Superheroes

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

Awesome; hopefully that means Rising Star will get in on the action and deliver this to Europe -- either that or maybe XSEED can start up distribution here?

It sounds like a mighty localisation effort will be required as there's lots of story elements in the form of graffiti on the walls as well as dialogue which I hope will be addressed through subtitling or brute force...

Firkraag

Firkraag said:

The news that this game would be Japan only was one of the saddest gaming news I've ever heard. Definitely importing the US version when it's released!

Sabrewing

Sabrewing said:

WHOOOOOOOO! :D Now let's convince Nintendo to let Disaster: Day of Crisis and Fatal Frame out over here.

citizenerased

citizenerased said:

Seeing as how XSeed isn't active in PAL regions I figured I'd send Rising Star an e-mail... here's the reply I got:

"We hope to make an announcement soon but I can't give you any information as yet I'm afraid."

Sounds a lot like they're planning on publishing it, to me =]

Jockolantern

Jockolantern said:

Woot! Go, XSeed! Thanks a million for bringing this over to the states. Can't wait to pick it up later this year! _

Joewoof

Joewoof said:

OMFGWTFBBQ!!! :O

Suddenly so many cool games are coming to Wii ALL at once !! IMA SO GLAD!

Crazed

Crazed said:

I WANT MORE SCREENSHOTS! This game looks like a great game, and I can't wait to get it, but some more info would be fantastic.