Watch Contra ReBirth In Action

Posted by Jon Wahlgren

Explosions, shooting and hilarious-looking storyline accounted for

Announced mere days ago, the wait for Contra ReBirth could hardly be described as excruciating for owners of a Japanese Wii. Everyone else, on the other hand, will have to make due with excited air-punches and YouTube videos to get their fix until the title is unleashed in their region.

Speaking of which, here's a YouTube video of the game in action!

From the looks of it, two-player is intact, the spreader still fills up half the screen and there's gonna be a whole lot of dying. Yep, it's Contra all right.

Be sure to look for our impressions of this old-fangled title soon. In the meantime, make sure there's plenty of room around you for excited air-punches.

Direct link

[via gonintendo.com]

Objection

Objection said:

AND I'M ALL OUT OF BUBBLE GUM! THis looks hard but sweet. Come... to Raptor. Come.

ToneDeath

ToneDeath said:

Yes, yes, yes, YES!!

LET'S ATTACK AGGRESSIVELY until they bring this over our respective ponds.
In the meantime, as part of the Hanabi Festival (Should we get one this year) could Ninty give us the US version of NES Contra, 480p/60hz and all? They did so with Ninja Gaiden, and I wouldn't mind paying the extra 100 points. They could also give us the arcade version too now that the VCA has been added.

Anyway, please hurry with the translation Konami, don't worry too much about any Engrish that might get in, we won't mind :)
The sooner we get this baby LOCKED AND LOADED, the sooner we can LET'S PARTY!
(Can't wait to Spreader get!)

GN0LAUM

GN0LAUM said:

Dec 31st as the release date for this? That's what I was told on another site. Is this possible?

Link79

Link79 said:

Looks great! Only problem is I've heard it only has 5 stages again just like Gradius Rebirth. I would have liked more. At least it's a new 2-D Contra. I thought Contra 4 on DS was the last time we would see another one in the classic style. Can't wait for a U.S. release!

Zork2

Zork2 said:

Honestly, the graphics don't look good. They have no detail. Watch the youtube video of level 2 to see what I mean. Contra 3 for the SNES looks vastly superior.

MrLopez

MrLopez said:

AWESOME! Finally a wiiware game worth buying!
I love Contra! Best run and gun games ever!

Egg_miester

Egg_miester said:

i now have a new top wii ware game that i need to have they better get the NA localization started and finished soon

MegaMX4

MegaMX4 said:

Every second that passes until this game hits our shores....is a second too long. I can has Spreader Gun soon plz???

Hazuki

Hazuki said:

i <3 konami. its nice that they are following the megaman 9 model.

i bet we'll get a castlevania rebirth eventually : )

RadioShadow

RadioShadow said:

Looks like that user didn't buy it. :P Unless he brought it from the JPN Shop and just installed it on their EU Wii. :)

The game does look sweet. :D

Betagam7

Betagam7 said:

Have to agree with Zork2, the graphics for this simply don't compare to SNES Contra 3. They look very flat and the enemies look too cartoony and lacking in detail. The huge explosions have been ripped from Metal Slug not Contra.
I'll wait for reviews first.

RadioShadow

RadioShadow said:

There seems to be two characters that can be unlocked.

I unlocked one being this small robot which is just as cute as Browny from Contra Hard Core. The robot that you see in the intro of the game.

Ayefore

Ayefore said:

Thank you Nintendo for bringing back my childhood.

PS: Whatever happen to the bombs?