Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles Spoilers Leaked?

Posted by Damien McFerran

Fake or for real? Either way, this game is getting more and more interesting

We usually avoid posting groundless speculation here at Nintendo Life but a recent post on the GameFAQs forum was just too good to ignore.

Posted by forum member GameSpoilerX, the thread in question features information regarding Capcom's upcoming Resident Evil: The Darkside Chonicles game for the Wii.

GameSpolierX explains:

I was sent an email by someone who attended Capivate 08 who said they somehow got this info. Anyway I copied and pasted the Juicy info. The other stuff was just about typical gameplay, but this you gotta read!!!!

If you don't mind reading potential spoilers then click this link.

But consider yourselves warned!

[via gamefaqs.com, gonintendo.com]

Teppo_Holmqvist

Teppo_Holmqvist said:

Capcom deleted any references to that Gamefaqs post from their own forums, so I guess it is legit stuff.

searchman_exe

searchman_exe said:

The message was taken down, I clicked on the link and the GameFAQs board says "this message is no longer available for viewing." If you copied the forum post can you just put it on NL

NinjaTendo

NinjaTendo said:

Yeah, what did it say, it was REMOVED! "The message you selected is no longer available for viewing." Me wants!

DrakeStaff

Drake said:

It was a list of levels and playable characters. I'll post it below, naturally there's SPOILERS:

• Raccoon City, October 1998 -
    2 Chapters
    Playable Characters: Leon Kennedy, Claire Redfield & Ada Wong
  • Raccoon Ruins, September 1998
    2 Chapter
    Playable Characters: Leon Kennedy, Claire Redfield & Sherry Birkin
  • Rockfort Island, December 1998
    2 Chapters
    Playable Characters: Claire Redfield & Steve Burnside
  • The Capital, December 1998
    2 Chapter
    Playable Characters: Leon Kennedy
  • Antartic Facility, December 1998 - Sub Chapter (Legacy Forgotten) reference to the infamous Ashford Family.
    2 Chapters
    Playable Characters: Chris Redfield, Claire Redfield & Steve Burnside
  • South America, July 2002
    2 Chapters
    Playable Characters: Leon Kennedy & Jack Krauser
  • Umbrella, A New Beginning, February 2003 & 2004
    3 Chapters
    Playabe Character : Ada Wong
  • The Beginning of the End, August 2006
    2 Chapters
    Playable Character: Chris Redfield & Jill Valentine
  • June 2009, Former Wishes - The Final Chapter.
    2 Chapters
    Playable Character: Sherry Birkin
NinjaTendo

NinjaTendo said:

Wow, thanks Drake! That is very huge, very cool news for RE fans. With that huge variety for locales, It won't be boring, thats for sure.

Objection

Objection said:

Hmm...19 total levels if i mathed myself correctly there. That's a few less than UC...O.o

DrakeStaff

Drake said:

Keep in mind though Umbrella Chronicles made you revisit the exact same rooms in different levels quite a few times. From the sound of it that doesn't happen here.

SwerdMurd

SwerdMurd said:

^ good point Drake...also, it seems like a larger portion of levels are co-op...unlike UC, where you pretty much had to god-mode the game until you could play most of the levels co-op...I recall at least 50% being solo only prior to unlock

said:

I hope this game is not as hard to unlock stuff unlike Umbrella chronicles and they fix the shooting lag.

angel_m_rivera_colla

angel_m_rivera_colla said:

my next games are going to be:Punch Out,HOTD,Overkill and this one.I am so happy that I have a Wii since day 2! nov.20,2006.The original reason I bought the Wii was the VC! Times change for good! I am a 40 year old kid.