NYC Nintendo World Store Hosting Punch-Out!! Bonanza

Posted by Jon Wahlgren

Buy your copy early and watch arcade pugilism at its finest

Finally, a reason to get out of the house!

Fake boxing gets serious at the NYC Nintendo World Store from 1 to 4 p.m. on Saturday, May 16, as the shop will host a Punch-Out!! tourney. Thirty-two competitors will duke it out for the World Video Boxing Association title and custom trophy, which is a fancy way of saying "you're good at Punch-Out!!", and the winner will also receive a copy of the game a full two days before its official street date.

Non-contestants can still get in on the fun, even if they aren't swinging their arms at each other. There'll be DJs, giveaways and kiosks to play, and you'll also get the chance to snag the game early!

If you can't make it but still want to feel like a champ, you can always play one of the Virtual Console iterations in a pair of official King Hippo boxers, just like the rest of us.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

That reminds me, I've got to pick my King Hippo boxers up from the cleaners soon. :)

Devastator

Devastator said:

I will be done with college forever the day this game comes out. Definite buy for me.

TwilightV

TwilightV said:

With the addition of Piston Honda, everyone I want in has been confirmed. AWESOME!!!

SmaMan

SmaMan said:

Nintendo really needs to do another one of those World Championship things again, y'know, the one with the cool cartridge that has timed versions of the games and all the ROM dumpers want their hands on. Those were great times...

Vendetta

Vendetta said:

I've got my excuse... I'll be a mile uptown at the Stadium watching the Yanks play the Twins. :-)