New Magnetis WiiWare Screenshots

Posted by Corbie Dillard

Check out some brand new screenshots of this unique WiiWare puzzler in action.

We just got in a brand new set of screenshots from Yullaby's upcoming WiiWare puzzler Magnetis.

The game play idea behind Magnetis is for the player to connect magnets facing opposite directions together. As you do this, they will contract and everything in between them disappears. The longer the lines in between the magnets, the more points you score. You can even cause chained reactions to rack up even more points.

You can check out the brand new screenshots of the game in action below along with some visual instruction graphics from Yullaby that help explain how the game is played. We'll have more information on Magnetis as it becomes available, as well as a full review when the game is released on the WiiWare service.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

feba

feba said:

Really wish these WiiWare puzzlers would come out on PSN instead. I would totally buy these for my PSP, but my Wii? That's not how tetris caught on, guys.

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

I don't mind puzzle games on wiiware as there aren't many decent retail ones on the wii anyway unlike the ds. I'm a puzzle addict.

Get a nintendo dsi and download some art syle (there are potentially four more on the way?) if you fancy a bit of handheld downloadable puzzle "action".

Having said all that, this doesn't look anything sensational to me. But screenshots and even play footage don't tell you how good a puzzle game will be. Even the revw sometimes can't as they're game that are hard to describe sometimes. You sometimes have to just trust the review scores and purchase it yourself

Open mind therefore

Wiiloveit

Wiiloveit said:

This looks pretty decent, and it's great to see some innovation on the puzzle front. Still waiting for Liight, though...

Objection

Objection said:

It mustve been the morning but the magnets looked like smiling aces when I first gazed upon the pictures. Anyone else?

iphys

iphys said:

Doesn't look too bad at all, but it is true there are an awful lot of puzzle games on WiiWare.

RJay

RJay said:

It will just encourage bad puzzle games from developers trying to copy a good one. WiiWare needs different genres anyway, it shouldn't be 70% puzzle, 1% platform.

StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever said:

Looks like a cool, innovative game. I wonder what happends when you align the Blue + Orange = "X" Guess I'll have to wait and find out!!!