New Arc Rise Fantasia Screenshots

Posted by Corbie Dillard

New batch of screenshots show the upcoming Wii RPG in action.

We just got some Arc Rise Fantasia screenshots of the upcoming Wii RPG from Marvelous Entertainment. The game is a traditional turn-based RPG that features a three member party that all fight in conjunction with each other and share the same AP gauge during battle. This team battle concept is one of the many unique features being touted by the developers of the game.

Lead development director of Arc Rise Fantasia Hiroyuki Kanemaru previously worked as level designer and script director on the hit Gamecube RPG Tales of Symphonia. He's stated that Arc Rising Fantasia is heavily influenced by many of the old school RPGs like those found on the classic PC Engine console.

You can check out the screenshots of the Japanese version of the game in action below and we'll have screenshots of the US version as soon as they're made available. We'll also have a full review of the game when it's released for the Wii.

SmaMan

SmaMan said:

Looks pretty neat. Hard to tell right now if it will be turn-based or more like Tales of Phantasia, but it looks like it'll be good either way.

SwerdMurd

SwerdMurd said:

referenced this game randomly on another post like 3 days ago!

definitely looks good...didn't like Luminous Arc much though, although the story wasn't really the biggest reason (T-RPGs are either amazing or god-awful imho, with about a 1:8 ratio)

Objection

Objection said:

I really want this to turn out good, since there's a supreme lack of RPGs on the Wii. I hope it comes out this summer...who knows how much gaming time I'll have once I'm in college. :( In the meantime, I need to finally play Tales 2!

Ian_Daemon

Ian_Daemon said:

I'm with Mr. Saturn on this one. I bet "Arc Rise Fantasia" (ARF?) will feel very similar to "Grandia II" for the Dreamcast.. The thing is...that game was awesome.

SmaMan

SmaMan said:

Speaking of the Tales series, I really hope they release Tales of Phantasia over here sometime. It's gone through three ports in Japan (SNES>PSX>GBA) and we still don't have it. Sigh, oh well, until then I'll just play my translated rom...

Hawker

Hawker said:

@ SmaNan They said in the article that the game is turn based. & the GBA version of Tales of Phantasia did come to America. (I'm assuming you are in America since that's what your flag represents.)

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

@timp29
LOL at the underboob remark!
This game looks really good! I've been keeping an eye on this game for quite some time. Nintendo Power did a nice article on it and the gameplay videos on YouTube look awesome as well!

Starwolf_UK

Starwolf_UK said:

In the meantime, I need to finally play Tales 2!
Since I'm in Euorpe I'm playing a different game with regard to that; The waiting game :P

As for Arc Rise Fantasia if the boss battle video was anything to go by at least if nothing else it will be fun to play through with bosses that can kick your ass (I just hope it has a "re-try at the start of boss" option like seen in Baten Kaitos Origins)

SmaMan

SmaMan said:

@Hawker
Hmm, just checked it, looks like it did! That's cool. But you can't beat the SNES version especially when it comes to music. I've heard so many great SNES soundtracks sound like sh** when ported to the GBA.

SwerdMurd

SwerdMurd said:

salivates at mention of Baten Kaitos Origins....one of the best battle systems ever employed