It's the last Friday of the month again, and you know what that means! Nintendo has revealed their Japanese VC plans for next month.
It's not very diverse this time - Only 3 VC platforms will be getting new games! The Nintendo 64, Master System, Mega Drive, Neo Geo and PC Engine all have to sit out this time. At least it's not all bad news - There's quite a bunch of big-name releases in there.
Without further ado, the games Japan will be getting next month:
- Tantei Jinguuji Saburo: Toki no Sugiyuku Mama ni (A detective game.)
- Final Fantasy II (The second Final Fantasy game. It never got a NES release, so it's unlikely we'll see it on VC outside Japan!)
- Super Wagyan Land (June 2nd - A cute platformer from Namco which also includes some puzzle minigames. The third in the series after two Famicom games.)
- Super Mario Kart
Virtual Console Arcade:
- Altered Beast (June 2nd - The original arcade version of the Mega Drive game. Naturally, it's considered to be the best version there is.)
- Hopping Mappy (June 2nd - The sequel to Mappy, which plays completely different. This time, you need to hop around on a pogo stick collecting treasures.)
- Golden Axe (Much like Altered Beast, it's the original arcade version of the Mega Drive game. It's also considered to be superior.)
Keep in mind that Namco does not announce their arcade releases until the Friday before they come out - This means there'll probably be a few more games next month, not just 7.
So, this could mean Super Mario Kart is headed elsewhere soon as well - It's already OFLC rated, so it could pop up anytime. Hopefully we'll get the rest of Sega's arcade games too - Europe just got Space Harrier, so it seems likely.