Gameplay Trailer - The Legendary Starfy

Posted by Corbie Dillard

Check out the upcoming DS platformer in action!

We just got in the official game play trailer for the upcoming DS release The Legendary Starfy.

As you can see in the trailer, there's plenty of platforming action and underwater puzzle-solving elements to go around. You can also get a glimpse into some of the amazing boss fights the game features.

Don't forget to check our interview with the Legendary Starfy development teams for even more insight into Starfy's first North American release.

We'll have more information on The Legendary Starfy as it becomes available, as well as a full review of the game when it's released June 8th.

Untitled

Untitled

DazzaAdmin

Dazza said:

This is the first DS game to grab my attention in quite a while. It's looking seriously cool. Roll on next month!

wanderlustwarrior

wanderlustwarrior said:

@Mama Luigi

Yeah, when I first heard about the series, I thought it might be like an easy kirby game. It does have a few differences, enough to make it interesting

Esposch

Esposch said:

Maybe I'll get it when it goes cheap. It doesn't look that great now.

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

@wanderlustwarrior: Wait, do you mean easy LIKE a Kirby game, or even easier than a Kirby game? Because Kirby games are pretty dang easy, y'know.

Anyway, I think this looks BETTER than a Kirby game. Already put in my "intend to buy" with Nintendo, too. :)

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

Buy this game. Get a second job, sell a kidney, whatever. Just get it. :)

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

Aww, isn't Starfy sooo cute?! You just gotta love him! Gameplay looks totally awesome too! Hey Corbie, great job on getting the word out on Starfy! I am definitely getting this game!:)

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

I hope people buy this game. I've enjoyed these games for years and I'm so excited to see at least one of them coming to the US. Maybe it will sell well and we'll see the others eventually. I can hope so, anyway. :)

RevolverLink

RevolverLink said:

The DS software train just keeps on chugging regardless of how much my wallet screams for mercy.

Linkuini

Linkuini said:

That part with the underwater squid chase looked pretty fun. But seriously, would it be too much to ask for them to stop insulting us with these shallow minigames?

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

I'm not getting it just to spite Corbie. He will need to buy two now!

Wow. That was just mean. But I think I'm going to buy up about 50 of them and give them away as Christmas and Birthday presents for the next year or so. :D

sirgrim

sirgrim said:

Oh just kidding anyway. I'll pick it up eventually, when I run out of other games to play. Or you can send it to me for Christmas (my birthday is also next month)!

Crazed

Crazed said:

This game brings up a ton of comparisons to Kirby. I actually would be surprised if this game doesn't sell well due to all the comparisons of Kirby. Speaking of which, although I would agree with you, LegendofPasta99 (20), I actually like some of the Kirby mini-games, so why not. If they're fun, I take no offense towards it.