First Footage Of The Grinder Unleashed

Posted by Jon Wahlgren

At this rate of trailer reveals, who needs E3?

E3 is so close that you can almost smell the sweaty masses huddled together in the LA Convention Center, but that isn't stopping developers from getting the hype train rolling for their wares.

High Voltage's second new IP revealed mere days ago, The Grinder, promises a Left 4 Dead-type experience for Wii-ers with all the online bells and whistles found in its HD counterparts. Can it deliver? We won't know until at least next year sometime, but for now we can get a glimpse of the title in action via the first trailer for the game over at IGN.

Let's save something for the expo, alright, guys?

[via wii.ign.com]

y2josh

y2josh said:

Probably best for them to get it out there when people are still speculating about stuff. If they didn't put it out before the expo it would no doubt get lost in the shuffle. Kinda meh to me, but what do I know.

Kaeobais

Kaeobais said:

Honestly, th whole "They lied" thing was the coolest part. It doesn't seem that good. They need to up the scary. Then again, we got till, what was it, 2010? So they have enough time to put some polish and such on it.

mrPlow

mrPlow said:

I think it looks pretty good for a Wii game (even though that is most likely some alpha version footage). Finally some promising titles coming to the Wii and people are like "meh, whatevah" :(.

y2josh

y2josh said:

@mrPlow
I just don't like shooters, none of em.

If they want to make something that the Wii is lacking they should make 2 new platformers built with the same engine :) (sarcasm, its been a long week)

citizenerased

citizenerased said:

How is that sarcasm? I'd love a platformer with HV's tech.

This looks... okay. It's got potential.

y2josh

y2josh said:

Might have used the wrong word. I was meaning that they used the same engine on 2 of their other games (i thought) why not do that with a platformer as well. I love me some platforming fun. But Im not here to get a fuss started, time for bed lol.

Shiryu

Shiryu said:

Not bad at all, for a game that is still up to one year of development. 2010 is still a long way to go, but I'm sure ill pick this up. =)

astarisborn94

astarisborn94 said:

Reply to JJ Post 12#: I agree. The game looks awesome. I want to shoot some monsters! Pushing the Wii, beatiful visuals, taking advantage of the Wii Remote in a good way, and online play with co-op up to four! It even scared me a little at the end. This is an very promising game, I cannot wait to see how good it is in 2010.

wiiboy101

wiiboy101 said:

it looks good FOR A WII GAME that has to be the most MORONIC AND OVER USED BY MORONS STATEMENT

IT ETHER LOOKS GOOD TO YOU OR IT DOES NOT REGARDLESS OF THE FORMAT I-D-I-O-T-S

a game ether flouts ur boat or it does not FOR A WII GAME shut up CHAVS

fps horror co-op good visuals AND WORLD CLASS WORLD BEATING CONTROLS

ANYONE PLAYING RETRO CONTROLS IN THIS GEN AKA PS3 X360 HAS ISSUES WITH REALITY

THE SAYING SHOULD BE CRAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP CONTROLS ON A PS3 GAME
#
at least thats honest and not FANBIATCH

how many ps3 x360 fans have stated in there cough WISDOM that wii does not have the power or ram for 4 player co-op and online and many many enemy's on screen
how many devs have also lied about such things

for a wii game ONLY IMBECILES SAY THAT

Atlantis1982

Atlantis1982 said:

Honestly, does no one appreciate what HVS is doing? And you people wonder why there are no "hardcore" titles for the Wii because of the sheer pickiness with most of you. Good grief.

calculon

calculon said:

@Atlantis1982: Yes, I think most people realize that HVS are pushing their Quantum3 engine in a whole range of mediocre games. As for this 'milestone' (or whatever crap HVS want to paint this time) achievement in Wii gaming, I'll pass. At least they're consistent in being able to provide a range of solid if truly unspectacular titles.

odd69

odd69 said:

it reminds me of resistance 2 ,i don't know why, but the bad guys look like chimeras.what do you guys think?

rustythekid

rustythekid said:

capslockboy101... hahahahaha oh my oh my

it looks good, fairly good for a game that hasn't been finished yet.

derickw69

derickw69 said:

I want this game bad!!! Now this is want I want to see from my Wii. The game looks good even at this early in development and I can't wait to see what happens in the coming months before launch. If High Voltage Software can do this with the Wii, then why can't EA, Ubisoft, or Sega?

Modern_Legend

Modern_Legend said:

this looks good ya, but they really should have an option to turn the gore off. I would like this game but if my parents catch me playing this....its just a no because of the stupid amounts of blood. And i doubt id buy it until i hear of competitive offline deathmatches :P

dibsy

dibsy said:

@Calculon: "..HVS are pushing their Quantum3 engine in a whole range of mediocre games" What?!? Excuse me, can you honestly say you have played even one of HVS's games? Have you even tried the Conduit, Gladiator or the Grinder? So how can you possibly know that these are/ will be mediocre games. I mean everyone's entitled to an opinion but try and make it an informed one, eh?